Match Thread Everton 2-0 Liverpool - Chat, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I got loads of RS mates, and I keep saying before every derby I honestly cannot think of any more ludicrous ways we can lose these games, red cards, own goals, freak goals, penalties, dodgy refs, last minute goals, bad luck you name it ... but each time a new more ridiculous way comes along. The Origi/Pickford one was it for me watching derbies, took me years to watch one after the Clattenberg Goodison one

You couldn't make it up. The devil's team. How far do we go back? 77? 84? Was there something in the 86 cup final I can't remember? The Don Hutchison goal was one of the more stand out ones.

They always have that player that turns up only against us.

You couldn't make it up. The devil's team. How far do we go back? 77? 84? Was there something in the 86 cup final I can't remember? The Don Hutchison goal was one of the more stand out ones.

They always have that player that turns up only against us.
First one I remember was the Alan Hansen handball / non penalt decision in the Milk Cup final, ffs how that wasnt given, not sure about '86 apart from the crap Gary Stevens pass straight to them that set up their equalizer?

Hansen

Last edited:
Just pack the midfield, we need the tallest players for set pieces which is a huge sort of their game and their crosses.

Pickford

Godfrey Tarkowski Branthwaite Mykolenko

Onana Gueye Garner

Doucoure DCL McNeil

Would be my team. It’s never a football match against them, we just need to compete on all set pieces, cut out mistakes, and physically bully them as much a possible.

Yes that Mcallister one was a f****er , almost had a ruck in the pub with some random who celebrated in my face , he was miles out as well. It really is mad all the bad s*** that happens to us in this fixture. The only ones I can remember it going to s*** for them is the Cadarmarteri one when Grobellar and Macmnaman had a fight and maybe the Andy Johnson one when Reina f**** up.

*1986 Ratcliffe goal from about 50 yards at Anfield, forgot about that

The fact the free kick was on the half way line and he threw it forward 15 yards still passes me off

First one I remember was the Alan Hansen handball / non penalt decision in the Milk Cup final, ffs how that wasnt given, not sure about '86 apart from the crap Gary Stevens pass straight to them that set up their equalizer?

Hansen

Think it was something to do with Lawrenson in the 86 final.

They've had it their way for too long it's about time the luck shifted.

2 out of the last 10 Goodison derbies have been Liverpool wins.

They're more desperate for the win than us.

If Dyche doesn't look at this game as one we should sacrifice to get a better chance of points off Brentford - and he doesn't play Young - there's a draw for us.

Terence Trent Alexandria being back is an issue. Rubbish defender but he can make things happen. Jota back again is a huge pain in the arse too.

2 out of the last 10 Goodison derbies have been Liverpool wins.

They're more desperate for the win than us.

If Dyche doesn't look at this game as one we should sacrifice to get a better chance of points off Brentford - and he doesn't play Young - there's a draw for us.

Terence Trent Alexandria being back is an issue. Rubbish defender but he can make things happen. Jota back again is a huge pain in the arse too.
Hoofball merchant, like Dyche. Only 1 of his 200 passes a game actually stick

Let’s make the list that we will no doubt be adding to on Wednesday,

Graham Poll disallowing Don Hutchinson’s goal by blowing the full time whistle as the rolled into the goal.
Jack Rodwell being sent off for a tackle on Suarez, the striker jumping a foot off the floor, screaming in pain. Card was later rescinded.
Carragher pulling down Lescott for a none penalty.
Gerrard not sent off for a 2 footer on Gary Naysmith. Naysmiths scream echoed around the ground. One of the worst tackles I’ve ever seen on a football pitch.
Gerrard leaving his leg out and winning a penalty against a chasing Hibbert, the ref went to give a booking, Gerrard had a word, thus became a red.
Allison being allowed to take a free kick after stoppage time. Allowing Origi to score in 90+6.

Think it was something to do with Lawrenson in the 86 final.

They've had it their way for too long it's about time the luck shifted.
Graeme sharp was denied a blatant penalty in the ‘86 cup final by the ref from either a lawrenson or Hansen rugby tackle. Sharp also denied by a one in million save from grobelaar. We were well on top until the Gary Stevens pass.

The ref for this match will undoubtedly be told to ‘even up’ the non penalties from the forest match. Expect a conceded penalty, straight red card, or a bolt of lightening against at least one of our players.