Match Thread Everton 2-0 Liverpool - Chat, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not watched a derby since the Origi one where I left the house just before he scored thinking it was a draw, the law of averages must mean we win one sometime ffs, we must have one of the worst local derby records out there. Would be tempted to put Garner at RB, move Doucoure to the middle and maybe Gomez in the advanced midfield role - this would all be meaningless if we just hoof it obviously

….they are dynamite in the top third, especially with Jota back. If Pickford has a worldy and we ride our luck I can see us needing to score 2 goals to have a chance of getting anything.

DCL won’t play, Beto can’t play so I expect Chermiti to start. I can’t see us getting anything.

Last edited:
Pickford
Tarks Branners Myko
Garner Gana Onana Gomes McNeil
Doucoure
DCL

3-5-1-1. Don't give them any space in the midfield and use the width of the pitch. Sit with 5 at the back when under pressure.

I know one thing I don't want young in the side, one slip up and it's a pen or sending off after all this publicity.
Realistically they should win , they are better than Chelsea and look what they did to us?
we should just get right into them , and hope we get a sneaky goal of two.
Going for McNeil and Harrision 2-0

Just hope Dyche doesn't repeat the plan against Chelsea of pushing onto them. They score a lot of their goals on the counter or after mistakes. If we sit in a low block and ask them to break us down we have a chance of a 0-0. If DCL is available his hold up play will be vital otherwise the pressure will be too great

Pickford
Godfrey Tarkowski Branthwaite Myko
Gana Doucoure
Harrison Gomes McNeil
DCL

Be really pleased with a point, especially with them having pretty much a full side available now.

Cant play Young in this, but ive a feeling Dyche will just be stubborn and start him anyway. Diaz killed him at anfield, he's already a walking yellow card in most games, even more so in this. Im no Godfrey fan, but he has to start this one I think.​