Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United - Team prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ian, I go back to the days of Alan Ball, I remember Gordon West throwing the ball half the length of the field, I remember when we used to win things, they were the days when you could be optimistic when being optimistic meant that we might win a trophy and not that we won’t get relegated. Our recent history has taught me that Everton and optimism do not make comfortable bedfellows. Every time I think we have turned a corner somehow we manage to find another corner. In every other aspect of my life I am a glass half full type of person, I am definitely an optimist, I do see the positives in things, however Everton, of recent times, have sucked the life blood out of any joy of looking forward to a match. However that is my lot, been doing this for so long now I can’t even contemplate of doing something different, all that said I definitely think we’ll put three past Chelsea tomorrow and win comfortably.
The reason we keep turning corners is we have been driving around a roundabout for 30 years ;)

Ian, I go back to the days of Alan Ball, I remember Gordon West throwing the ball half the length of the field, I remember when we used to win things, they were the days when you could be optimistic when being optimistic meant that we might win a trophy and not that we won’t get relegated. Our recent history has taught me that Everton and optimism do not make comfortable bedfellows. Every time I think we have turned a corner somehow we manage to find another corner. In every other aspect of my life I am a glass half full type of person, I am definitely an optimist, I do see the positives in things, however Everton, of recent times, have sucked the life blood out of any joy of looking forward to a match. However that is my lot, been doing this for so long now I can’t even contemplate of doing something different, all that said I definitely think we’ll put three past Chelsea tomorrow and win comfortably.
Your optimism was spot on mate. Lesson for us all there.

Status
Not open for further replies.