Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s a decent shot stopper but that’s basically all. Third choice for me as far as US keepers go but our goofy manager loves him because he coached him a few years ago. I do think Pickford will go this summer. Stock will be high and we need money. Still say if Burnley goes down we should be after Pope.
Signing Pope would just be a continuation of the sort of awful business we’ve been doing in recent years. It’s literally the exact opposite of the type of thing we should be looking to do. So in many ways Nick, welcome home.

Adebayo at Luton would be a good alternative.............not a replacement, but as someone to be a nuisance when required, a focal point!
Good player in a similar mold to Antonio at West Ham, but taller!

We would obviously probably need a primary centre forward, but i reckon we could get him from Luton for under £10 million
Not a bad shout, mate of mine is Luton ST holder and really rates him.

Definitely need a First Choice Striker/CF too*.

*amongst many other positions

Pope and Pickford are fairly level across the numbers, it would just be such a sideways move imo.
Pickfords a significantly better keeper in my opinion but he’s likely to be significantly better than anyone we signed to replace him so that isn’t my main issue. Pope’s 30, he would be depreciating in value from the moment he signed and so would just be a terrible signing for a club that’s had the problems we’ve had.

Signing Pope would just be a continuation of the sort of awful business we’ve been doing in recent years. It’s literally the exact opposite of the type of thing we should be looking to do. So in many ways Nick, welcome home.
Elaborate. He’s a good keeper. Probably keep his level for another 5 years.

Elaborate. He’s a good keeper.
I have above. He’d likely cost £20m and would be a downgrade on what we have currently with no realistic prospect of improving. It would be like selling DCL and signing Chris wood. They aren’t bad players in their own right but they’re absolutely not the profile we need to be looking at.

Viktor Gyokeres the young Swedish lad at Coventry is another shout, is 23 has scored 17 this season in a fairly poor team, the only thing is it looks like Fulham might grab him.
Not heard much of this lad.

Definitely need to be scouting lower leagues though, totally. And maybe using Frank's network to persuade a few "established" Prem players.

Gonna be an interesting Summer.

Not heard much of this lad.

Definitely need to be scouting lower leagues though, totally. And maybe using Frank's network to persuade a few "established" Prem players.

Gonna be an interesting Summer.
I will give you another, Joel Piroe at Swansea, striker, 22 years old, 22 goals and 6 assists in a mid to lower Swans championship team.

If Pickford leaves that Bazunu lad has huge potential, guaranteed he'll be playing Champions League within five years

Weird Brighton didn't think he was good enough for the PL though.
Yeah, they churn through youngsters like nobodies business though, they have just taken a friend of mines young lad at 6 years old! They want him there every other night after school for training, proper hardcore it is.

He’s a decent shot stopper but that’s basically all. Third choice for me as far as US keepers go but our goofy manager loves him because he coached him a few years ago. I do think Pickford will go this summer. Stock will be high and we need money. Still say if Burnley goes down we should be after Pope.

God bless

Status
Not open for further replies.