Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benitez must still have good contacts within European football, the signings of Townsend, Gray and Rondon were out of short term necessity with little or no budget. He was obviously told when he took the gig that there were no immediate funds, but come January there will be more some money to spend, otherwise, apart from the antipathy from the fans and the wages from the job (Ok), what was the point?
He must know a RB somewhere in either Spanish or European football that can come in for a few million and slot in and immediately improve on Coleman.
In the same way, he must also know a decent holding midfielder with legs and a solid CB somewhere in Europe that are better than what we have without bankrupting us.
Moshiri and Brands surely must be working with him on targets even now. It can't take that much know how to improve on Holgate, Mina, Davies, Tosun and Gomes surely?
All I want Brands to do is to negotiate the exit of the rubbish, most of which he's signed and leave Benitez with a few bob in January to bring in some players that will instantly improve us.
Between Benitez and Brands I know who I'd rather trust with a small transfer budget to get short or medium term rewards,
While I'm no fan of Benitez, I'm pretty certain he wouldn't have paid 30m for Iwobi or Walcott.

Lorenzo Insigne.

In all honesty I think there will be some good players available cheap, there are a lot of clubs feeling the crunch of financial regulations.

We know Barca are having a fire sale and want rid of a number of players, as do Juventus.
What ex players of Benny play for Juve and Barca amigo?

Benitez must still have good contacts within European football, the signings of Townsend, Gray and Rondon were out of short term necessity with little or no budget. He was obviously told when he took the gig that there were no immediate funds, but come January there will be more some money to spend, otherwise, apart from the antipathy from the fans and the wages from the job (Ok), what was the point?
He must know a RB somewhere in either Spanish or European football that can come in for a few million and slot in and immediately improve on Coleman.
In the same way, he must also know a decent holding midfielder with legs and a solid CB somewhere in Europe that are better than what we have without bankrupting us.
Moshiri and Brands surely must be working with him on targets even now. It can't take that much know how to improve on Holgate, Mina, Davies, Tosun and Gomes surely?
All I want Brands to do is to negotiate the exit of the rubbish, most of which he's signed and leave Benitez with a few bob in January to bring in some players that will instantly improve us.
Between Benitez and Brands I know who I'd rather trust with a small transfer budget to get short or medium term rewards,
While I'm no fan of Benitez, I'm pretty certain he wouldn't have paid 30m for Iwobi or Walcott.

Probably helps if fans know who signs who, before making comments.

Walcott was signed under Fat Sam & Steve Walsh

Just what we need: another injury prone player in the midfield. Can't see him wanting to take a cut on his £400k a week Juve wage to anything like what we can pay. Let Newcastle have him as part of their scattergun spending spree. Rather have Gordon Ramsey in midfield.
Don't worry players, like Salomon Rondon, are falling over themselves to take massive pay cuts to sign for us @Tubey said so, so it must be true.

Nice quoting and stuff but has absolutely nothing to do with what you said.

Rondon didn't take a wage cut - his Chinese contract was axed as the bubble burst over there. And that's what it was - a bubble, he obviously wasn't getting the same again.

He was linked with us and the likes of Malaga in the summer, not Real Madrid. We're not paying him the same as Richarlison as he's not of that stature, not to mention the fact we were downscaling in the summer.

He's not on £90,000 - he didn't take a wage cut as that'd indicate he had a choice in the matter and could still command £500k a week or whatever it was. He can't.

Nice quoting and stuff but has absolutely nothing to do with what you said.

Rondon didn't take a wage cut - his Chinese contract was axed as the bubble burst over there. And that's what it was - a bubble, he obviously wasn't getting the same again.

He was linked with us and the likes of Malaga in the summer, not Real Madrid. We're not paying him the same as Richarlison as he's not of that stature, not to mention the fact we were downscaling in the summer.

He's not on £90,000 - he didn't take a wage cut as that'd indicate he had a choice in the matter and could still command £500k a week or whatever it was. He can't.
You're very keen on everyone showing their working out on the £90k figure but you are the only one saying with certainty that he is on the very specific figure of £43k a week. Let's see your evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.