2023/24 Dwight McNeil

I think he worked pretty well going invert against Forest, and would work in that Doucoure role much better, as his passing and shooting are clearly better and lack of pace isn't the biggest problem there.

Add the team with 1 pacy winger on each side that can cross, but also outpace and dribble time to time.

His pace issue you saw that in that one free kick scene yesterday. It was a genius ball by Pickford, but he got caught up by the Brentford defender despite starting a few meters in front of him.

Last edited:
I think he worked pretty well going invert against Forest, and would work in that Doucoure role much better, as his passing and shooting are clearly better and lack of pace isn't the biggest problem there.

Add the team with 1 pacy winger on each side that can cross, but also outpace and dribble time to time.

His pace issue you saw that in that one free kick scene yesterday. It was a genius ball by Pickford, but he got caught up by the Brentford defender despite starting a few meters in front of him.
I dont think he's slow, he just looks slow and has a lumbering lolloping gait

I dont think he's slow, he just looks slow and has a lumbering lolloping gait
I found some stats that are older, but he was in the top 10 of slowest attacking players in each of these list that were from 2018-2021.

He's not as slow as Gareth Barry, but far from fast. Night and day if you compare with someone like Gordon.

I think he’s a good player and has the potential to get even better if used correctly. Has a sweet left foot that’s for sure. I think he could play through the middle but who ever we get to replace him out wide would also have to be good at tracking back like he is. He has had a difficult year it seems with things off the pitch, hopefully that is all sorted now.