Dodging bullets: Players Everton were heavily linked with that you were glad we never signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember as a kid we were linked with Klinsman when he was leaving Spurs, Ravanelli when he was leaving Middlesbrough and George Weah when he was leaving AC Milan, all of them wanted crazy wages (at the time) and strange clauses in their contracts so they didn’t go through, I think in hindsight they were all past their best and would have just been coming to take one last big pay day. But I still have a feeling that they could have been good for a season or two

Kenneth Zohore, wasn't he a Walsh target, we supposedly offered 20m+ and Warnock said he wouldn't sell even if we offered 30m- Unbelieveable Jeff

In his book Jermaine Pennant claims he very nearly joined us when Moyes was in charge. He backed out because he didn't want to jeopardize a future possibility of playing for the RS. He was a talented player but I don't think it would have worked out well.

In his book Jermaine Pennant claims he very nearly joined us when Moyes was in charge. He backed out because he didn't want to jeopardize a future possibility of playing for the RS. He was a talented player but I don't think it would have worked out well.

And now appears on Jezza Kyle. How the "mighty" have fallen. Horrible human being

Status
Not open for further replies.