2020/21 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
There probably hasn't been time to work on it so it may well be that we just look to generally get it forward earlier and exert pressure. At the beginning of last season we scored a lot from corners, so that maybe an area on which we can capitalise, especially as they've just sold Vestergaard.
I think that’ll be a tactic all season tbh, we’ve got DCL and Richy who are formidable in the air and then probably one of Mina or Keane most games too who are also a threat. That, with the fact that Digne delivers a mean set piece I think we will be a bit route 1/set piece orientated.

I think that’ll be a tactic all season tbh, we’ve got DCL and Richy who are formidable in the air and then probably one of Mina or Keane most games too who are also a threat. That, with the fact that Digne delivers a mean set piece I think we will be a bit route 1/set piece orientated.
Well I hope the fans don't complain too much about that, because that's how we got most of our points under Ancelotti.

Well I hope the fans don't complain too much about that, because that's how we got most of our points under Ancelotti.
We’re a fickle bunch on the whole, if we’re winning matches it won’t really matter how we’re going about it short term.
I think everybody knew the football was pretty dire most of last season once the initial seven game winning streak was over but with the players we have right now, set piece and areal threat are our strengths which is why Benitez snapped up Townsend to bang balls in the box and work hard out of possession.
The reason Carlo got extra slack was because we thought he’d attract a couple more diamonds and change the way we played next season… can’t really use that as a stick to beat Benitez with though.

….it served Lineker, Sharp, Heath & Gray ok. Lineker said the crossing was so good from both full backs and wingers, he only had to direct headers goalwards to score. Quality delivery from wide areas creates chances.
Not many teams play that way these days. If you remember Utd under Moyes they used to put 40 crosses a game in and never score.

….it served Lineker, Sharp, Heath & Gray ok. Lineker said the crossing was so good from both full backs and wingers, he only had to direct headers goalwards to score. Quality delivery from wide areas creates chances.

Some on here think the only way to play is possession based/expansive football.

The same possession based/expansive football that had us in the bottom 3 under both Koeman & Silva lol

Status
Not open for further replies.