777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

“Yes (I’ve had conversations around buying Everton),” Textor told The Athletic. “With the existing constituents – different groups, different lenders, different equity holders.

“I’ve asked them ‘is there a way to solve all this confusion and address everyone’s problems?’ I’m very open-minded to it but I don’t want to come into a situation where I’m not really welcome.

“I’m watching it but 777 still has a contract. There are people that are close to the club who care a lot about it who are also investing.

“There’s the guy running it (Moshiri) who’s still calling the shots. Maybe we’re uniquely positioned to solve a lot of problems for people but we’re just watching it right now because there are other people who already own pieces of that club who also want to figure it out. I’m looking at that but it’s quite confusing and some things have to clean up.”

“Everton represents the best of English football: the struggles, the glory, the want. I love that it’s out of London. Everybody should want to buy Everton right now,” he said.

“That kind of club is what I’m referring to, where the risk and the reward of your relationship and community is so great and you could come in, make promises and keep them. How great would it be to take one of these great English clubs back to sort of glory?

“We’re also looking at other opportunities and we don’t need to jump right out of Palace right into something. That’d be a mistake.

“I suspect that the problem with Everton is it won’t be available by the time we would be ready for it. You can’t own two clubs in one league and we’re not going to rush the situation at Palace, no matter how good another opportunity looks.”
That's from the horses mouth. From someone who has bought a club acknowledging why Everton FC would be bought by other people who buy football clubs. This is what matters. I'm not interested in this cry arsing "we don't sell replica shirts in Timbuktu" nonsense. It's irrelevant. The man knows what he's taking about, regardless of anything else about him. Remember Kenwright with his "nobody is buying football clubs" garbage?

That's from the horses mouth. From someone who has bought a club acknowledging why Everton FC would be bought by other people who buy football clubs. This is what matters. I'm not interested in this cry arsing "we don't sell replica shirts in Timbuktu" nonsense. It's irrelevant. The man knows what he's taking about, regardless of anything else about him. Remember Kenwright with his "nobody is buying football clubs" garbage?

so he’s interested
but we won’t be ready
when we’re available?

Oh Esk...

It's not hard to do......but now i'm totally confused🤔
Yet here is a quote from the actual man himself stating the total opposite;

Co-owner Textor looking to sell Palace stake, interested in buying Everton

“Yes (I’ve had conversations around buying Everton),” Textor told The Athletic. “With the existing constituents – different groups, different lenders, different equity holders.

“I’ve asked them ‘is there a way to solve all this confusion and address everyone’s problems?’ I’m very open-minded to it but I don’t want to come into a situation where I’m not really welcome.

“I’m watching it but 777 still has a contract. There are people that are close to the club who care a lot about it who are also investing.

“There’s the guy running it (Moshiri) who’s still calling the shots. Maybe we’re uniquely positioned to solve a lot of problems for people but we’re just watching it right now because there are other people who already own pieces of that club who also want to figure it out. I’m looking at that but it’s quite confusing and some things have to clean up.”

This Textor link is the reason no one should become desolate about Everton's situation, regardless of all the catastrophe theories propagated by some in the fanbase and all over the media.

There'll be more than him looking to get involved with Everton too.

The battle to own our club has only just begun.

Just settle down and watch the summer footy tournaments and enjoy them. It'll be taken care of to our satisfaction and all the ITKs you've been reading know f.a. anyway.

Think he trying to imply that by announcing to the media that he is looking to sell, that he will get low balled from people. But as you say, how can he sell his shares if no one knows they are for sale haha.

Right, this makes sense in a traditional economic model--if you walk into a car dealer and say, "I have to buy a car today" you're not going to get the best possible price. But the market for buying and selling football clubs is not a tranditional marketplace and who knows what else is going on behind the scenes. For all we know his could be a tactic to "scare" a potential Palace buyer into making a quicker/better offer.

But the reality is we don't know much and any assumptions we make are simply assumptions.

Whenever "interested parties" go the media it's always a red-flag.

Also, Steve Parish is arguably the best executive in English football. He hasn't let Textor have any say in the football operations at Palace. Surely there's a reason for that.

I'm hoping there's others who are talking to Moshiri.
Oh he does have a say, it’s just a 25% say (Parish also has the casting vote) whereas he owns 45% of the club. It was over the moment the other three - and therefore the club - voted for banning loans between sister clubs earlier in the season as that’s exactly the model he wants to implement.

Always came across as a bit of a loveable idiot to me, you must be to own the majority of a football club and have such a meager say in how it’s run. I’d certainly rather Parish - whose sole focus is on what’s best for Palace - were running things rather than Textor, thought his investment did fund our academy and that ‘rebuild’ window where we signed Guehi, Andersen and Olise so I’m not sure where we’d be without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.