777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't alter the fact that you can't point at something that's ballooned in cost as a positive example of fiscal responsibility. And stadium costs were not part of the decision to deduct points regardless.

It was based on day to day irresponsible running of the clubs finances. If an alcoholic commits a crime while drunk the alcoholism may be a mitigating factor but it's not an excuse to avoid prosecution and punishment. Perhaps Everton's points deductions took into account mitigating factors and could have been higher.

It doesn't. But that was never my point. 17 points is though.

No one ever said we shouldn't have been punished or defended what we've done.

But they wanted to give us almost double what you'd get for administration.

But I get you feel the punishment fit our crime

Yeah I wasn't sure on how the payments for Beto were structured I just knew we had put nothing down. I also wasn't sure of any instalments coming in.

Certainly, shedding Gomes, Alli is a big help, but the interest rates and loan servicing is a huge killer. This is of course further exacerbated by the finishing off of the stadium.

We do need to put a proper board in pretty quick smart.

I still estimate if we can bring in 250m somehow and use a fair portion of that to reduce the loan then if we can refinance with a first-tier lender on reasonable terms that will make a huge difference

I am running on the assumption that JB and AO will be sold but really we need the following exits to generate funds

Onana
Branthwaite
Maupay
Holgate
Godfrey (possibly)
Keane

Then the following should fall off the wage bill
Gomes
Alli
Lonergan (not much)

Hopefully the extensions offered to the following have been lower
Gueye
Coleman
Young

For this exercise I have assumed Danjuma won't return and Leeds will get promoted so Harrison will not return either.

That leaves us with a first team squad of 18, including Dobbin, Onyango, Crellin, Warrington and Chermiti. We haven't seen heaps of these guys in the first team hopefully they can feature more.

So, I guess the biggest thing is identifying cheap, low-cost options that not only can replace the 11 exits (inc danjuma and Harrison) but hopefully at least slightly improve on some of them. Thelwell will need to earn his cash this off season for sure.

Anyone got a line on low-cost options?
Warrington out of contract this summer. Expires 30th June.

Such an avoidable shame that no new owners will be ratified within the next few months and we'll go into the season expecting to play our first game at the new gaff as a Championship outfit. Potential new owners will surely look at the squad and think that unless there is investment then they're buying a Premier League club now that in all likelihood may not be one in 12 months - why should or would they buy now? After the season starts and the club has been stripped of its best players is hardly a time for new owners. Moshiri has doomed us with his negligence.

It's easy to point us to relatively easily having avoided relegation this year, but when the manager comes out and says our best players are being sold, and we know from experience just how bad their backup is, then you know it's going to be a significant drop off next season. The thought of Keane, Holgate, Young, Coleman and Godfrey playing 25+ games each fills me with dread.

Such an avoidable shame that no new owners will be ratified within the next few months and we'll go into the season expecting to play our first game at the new gaff as a Championship outfit. Potential new owners will surely look at the squad and think that unless there is investment then they're buying a Premier League club now that in all likelihood may not be one in 12 months - why should or would they buy now? After the season starts and the club has been stripped of its best players is hardly a time for new owners. Moshiri has doomed us with his negligence.

It's easy to point us to relatively easily having avoided relegation this year, but when the manager comes out and says our best players are being sold, and we know from experience just how bad their backup is, then you know it's going to be a significant drop off next season. The thought of Keane, Holgate, Young, Coleman and Godfrey playing 25+ games each fills me with dread.
Pointless stressing about it now mate.

Give yourself a break for a couple of weeks.

No mate. I am one of several parties in discussion. There a lot of people looking at it right now. Wait till June.

After fighting relegation for the last couple of seasons. No this is not and never will be a Championship club. The team has gotten a lot tighter and seasoned fighting for their lives and playing under pressure. Sometimes we don’t realize how powerful a collective whole and team spirit can be. And this sort of thing is built over time and going through really tough moments like this season.

As to new investments. Rest assured I’m with all of you being against financial investors in this. This club cannot be handed over to corporate raiders wanting to benefit from this situation, with nothing but profits in their mind, and selling off in 4-5 years time. If we are in it it will be for the long haul.

Yeah I wasn't sure on how the payments for Beto were structured I just knew we had put nothing down. I also wasn't sure of any instalments coming in.

Certainly, shedding Gomes, Alli is a big help, but the interest rates and loan servicing is a huge killer. This is of course further exacerbated by the finishing off of the stadium.

We do need to put a proper board in pretty quick smart.

I still estimate if we can bring in 250m somehow and use a fair portion of that to reduce the loan then if we can refinance with a first-tier lender on reasonable terms that will make a huge difference

I am running on the assumption that JB and AO will be sold but really we need the following exits to generate funds

Onana
Branthwaite
Maupay
Holgate
Godfrey (possibly)
Keane

Then the following should fall off the wage bill
Gomes
Alli
Lonergan (not much)

Hopefully the extensions offered to the following have been lower
Gueye
Coleman
Young

For this exercise I have assumed Danjuma won't return and Leeds will get promoted so Harrison will not return either.

That leaves us with a first team squad of 18, including Dobbin, Onyango, Crellin, Warrington and Chermiti. We haven't seen heaps of these guys in the first team hopefully they can feature more.

So, I guess the biggest thing is identifying cheap, low-cost options that not only can replace the 11 exits (inc danjuma and Harrison) but hopefully at least slightly improve on some of them. Thelwell will need to earn his cash this off season for sure.

Anyone got a line on low-cost options?
Sadly we are shopping at the bottom end of the market with the Aldi equivalent to top end players. Instead of Messi we will be getting Missi

After fighting relegation for the last couple of seasons. No this is not and never will be a Championship club. The team has gotten a lot tighter and seasoned fighting for their lives and playing under pressure. Sometimes we don’t realize how powerful a collective whole and team spirit can be. And this sort of thing is built over time and going through really tough moments like this season.

As to new investments. Rest assured I’m with all of you being against financial investors in this. This club cannot be handed over to corporate raiders wanting to benefit from this situation, with nothing but profits in their mind, and selling off in 4-5 years time. If we are in it it will be for the long haul.
Who's we mate.

It doesn't. But that was never my point. 17 points is though.

No one ever said we shouldn't have been punished or defended what we've done.

But they wanted to give us almost double what you'd get for administration.

But I get you feel the punishment fit our crime
Why mention the 17 points and building a new stadium if it was never your point?

Regardless, the spending rules are there to discourage reckless spending. Given that there is already what looks like a fairly generous threshold regarding losses I don't think it was massively over the top.

And comparing the total for 2 separate charges against what would be a one time charge for going into administration isn't entirely valid. Comparing it to 2 charges for administration would be more accurate. I don't know the entire rules but maybe administration charges of 9 points would be added to breach deductions - they'd be two separate things so maybe don't stack up against each other really.

Status
Not open for further replies.