777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can believe or not believe that lad, but the numbers themselves should make everyone realise how much trouble we are in

We are in debt (even completely putting to one side the transfer payments coming due and the outstanding money owed to Laing O'Rourke) to the tune of about a billion - just over half of that being in short term, high interest debt.

R&MF - £200 odd million
MSP - £160 million
777 - £200ish million
Moshiri - £450 million

I understand people wanting to put their head in the sand and hope that richer people than themselves will be able to sort this out, but we are in huge trouble. To some people that will be the most obvious thing they'll read today, to others they'll still be in denial, but the numbers aren't fictional.
It's not about denial. We're all aware of the numbers on debt and what it'll take to own Everton.

But this is the PL and the numbers for all clubs, barring very few, will be astronomical.

There's a buyer for us out there and they'll be weighing up when to make their move.

This Neil W feller has a history of being part of a Blue Knight type consortium as far as I understand. That lot have massive baggage they bring with them when prognosticating on outside interest in the club. They always have and always will.

I have no idea why people still want to throw that “Moshiri £450m” in as part of the debt that needs to be repaid. Suppose it makes it look more dramatic, so fair play.
Well it appears the club wont be sold unless he recoups some of it. That is why

It's the least important part of the debt picture, admittedly, but it will still need to be addressed at some point. That, and the value of his shares (laughable) are actually the major reason no white knight is appearing because he isn't willing to write everything off just yet. It will come at some point you would assume.
There is no time frame for Moshiri's loan to be repaid, I don't think he will ever see all of that again and only what he makes from the sale of his shares.

It is a huge amount of money, but if you invest in a business then run it so poorly you pretty much bankrupt the business, then you'll generally lose that investment.

There is no time frame for Moshiri's loan to be repaid, I don't think he will ever see all of that again and only what he makes from the sale of his shares.

It is a huge amount of money, but if you invest in a business then run it so poorly you pretty much bankrupt the business, then you'll generally lose that investment.
Again. For all intents and purposes the club is his. He will hold it until at least he can mitigate some of that risk. He is not pumping any more into it.

He deserves to lose his shirt.
Messing up our club.

I don't really have an opinion about whether the lad in question is right or not tbh. Some of what he says adds up, some not completely.

I think what surprises me, and why having the numbers at the front of mind is important, is the way the prospect of administration etc is so casually dismissed by many. It's just worth remembering how severe our situation is.
Because administration suits no one......provided the debt is being serviced.

If repayments cease then all hell could be let lose.

Well it appears the club wont be sold unless he recoups some of it. That is why
It's an interest free loan that sits on the balance sheet, like Abramovich's loans that were never repaid. If he wants to sell the club he needs to write some or most of it off

I would estimate the worth of the club at about £500 million if it was debt free. If you knock off the debt, even discounting the large interest rates that leaves about £50 million for Moshiri.

If it was me, I would keep the club for another 2 years, to show revenues in the new stadium, and hope the value increases.

Neilw has got a lot to answer for.
Not really, I'm sure he's acting in good faith. The issue with Everton is the lack of cohesion throughout the club. If Moshiri was just honest with Thelwell and Dyche and told them he's not going anywhere and they need to make £125 million on players to pay the bills this season at least they'd know where they stand.

Not really, I'm sure he's acting in good faith. The issue with Everton is the lack of cohesion throughout the club. If Moshiri was just honest with Thelwell and Dyche and told them he's not going anywhere and they need to make £125 million on players to pay the bills this season at least they'd know where they stand.
He's not acting in good faith if it's nonsense...some of the stuff in his post sounds questionable mate.

Suppose we'll just have to wait and see if his doom laden post comes to fruition.

Boggles my mind a bit but, once the stadium is paid for, is the club actually capable of making money in the PL with sensible decision-making ?

Or are we expecting a new 'investor' to give away money to the club every month just to keep going.

And is the end-game always going to be to try and attract a crazy rich owner and everything else is just limbo ?

The PL really is a bizarre competition.

It's an interest free loan that sits on the balance sheet, like Abramovich's loans that were never repaid. If he wants to sell the club he needs to write some or most of it off

I would estimate the worth of the club at about £500 million if it was debt free. If you knock off the debt, even discounting the large interest rates that leaves about £50 million for Moshiri.

If it was me, I would keep the club for another 2 years, to show revenues in the new stadium, and hope the value increases.

That last paragraph would be my assessment of his best option too, but he seems to be hell bent on selling, and has been for almost a year (maybe the well has completely dried up).

In that time, he has offloaded much of the debt onto the club via third parties, tying himself and them into a strangulating knot that many potential buyers might not want to unravel. Are we arriving at a point where no-one wants or can commit anymore funds? It looks like it's almost killed 777. Has Moshiri thought he's going to lose out massively regardless, so why not take it right to the wire to squeeze more out of the creditors? Similar brinkmanship has caused World Wars, so it's not hard to see how it could easily cause this hollowed-out shell of a football club to go into administration.

Status
Not open for further replies.