777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not that great a loss from our point of view. It was the retail element pushing that scheme, with the stadium thrown in as a sweetener/community benefit, a stratagem Tesco had already succeeded with elsewhere. The overall scheme failed because of objections to the retail component from neighbouring areas. I doubt EFC put a lot of resource into it.
It must have coat a certain amount .. just like the Kings Dock programme...

It really isn't. It's not as if they had 200 million sitting around and we're taking the food out of the mouths of people in Belgium and Brazil.

They had 200 million loaned to them specifically to acquire Everton. If they weren't trying to acquire Everton, they wouldn't have the 200 million.
They don’t have the funds, that’s why Standard have had 2 transfer bans and their fans got their playoff game postponed and Vasco have had money issues, not to mention the airline they own going into bankruptcy while passengers were waiting to board their flights. If they’re so money rich, why has it taken nearly 9 months to complete a deal to buy us?

It must have coat a certain amount .. just like the Kings Dock programme...
Don't think it would have been anything like that Joey, which is why we only ever saw renders of the stadium, I doubt that architects had even been involved at that point. It all hinged on getting approval for the whole package, with the retail scheme subsidising the stadium, so basically it failed at the outline planning stage.

They don’t have the funds, that’s why Standard have had 2 transfer bans and their fans got their playoff game postponed and Vasco have had money issues, not to mention the airline they own going into bankruptcy while passengers were waiting to board their flights. If they’re so money rich, why has it taken nearly 9 months to complete a deal to buy us?

They're not. I never said they were. In fact, from the beginning, I've said they don't have the money.

Despite the last few season and our flirting with relegation on an annual basis, we are a permanent fixture in the most lucrative, most viewed sports league in the world. We are worth more than some of our fans think.
To us yes,but the rest of the English football fanbases see us as has beens. The team you want to be playing next if your form has dipped and for lower division teams who you want to get in the cup comps if your going to draw a Prem team. As for Europe and the wider world if you asked the man on the street if we are in the Prem or Championship most wouldn't have a clue. The Prem is the most viewed league in the world but most people only watch the games that feature the usual suspects.

So, two questions.

1. This is replacing the MSP money? Or this is new money?
2. What is the interest rate. I’ve googled the rates these companies can charge and some are 20% and more.
3. What is the term? Is it a bridging loan until we get long term finance (this may depend on the answer to 1) or is it longer term.
4. What is it secured against?
Yeah.. I know:. But consider it 2 squared questions!

So, two questions.

1. This is replacing the MSP money? Or this is new money?
2. What is the interest rate. I’ve googled the rates these companies can charge and some are 20% and more.
3. What is the term? Is it a bridging loan until we get long term finance (this may depend on the answer to 1) or is it longer term.
4. What is it secured against?
Yeah.. I know:. But consider it 2 squared questions!

I can answer 4. Secured against the first born of season ticket holders.

Status
Not open for further replies.