777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, the whole thing falls apart at getting 80million cash upfront for somebody not called Branthwaite or Pickford for me.

But hats off to him for using outside the box thinking.
I don’t think that falls apart. You can sell a player for £80m over three years and then sell on the debt to company who will give you (say) £72m up front and trouser the rest

Like 3 Para on Arnhem Bridge, holding out until XXX Corps arrive to save the day!

Screenshot+2023-04-20+at+9.26.17+PM.jpg

This notion that the 3 sides coming up from the Championship are all forces to be reckoned with is just scaremongering for the sake of it. Leicester are facing a chunky points deduction, Ipswich aren’t exactly an established premier league side and the third side is yet to be decided. Burnley were promoted with 100+ points and Pep junior in charge last season and have been lauded for playing football ‘the right way’ whilst being beaten every week in the PL.
I fully accept this will be a challenging summer and we may struggle next season, but let’s stop just making stuff up to suit that agenda. Without points deductions we’d currently be 11th and 22 points clear of Luton in 18th.

but that’s with the current crop

it’s not staying the same

Administration would mean big job losses. Anyone waiting for a cut price deal for a club in Administration is not the investment we need.

Why would anyone pay more for the club than it’s worth?

Let’s say I’m a billionaire, Everton is valued at £500 million, but because of its debts it would cost £800 million to acquire (and that debt figure is going up every week). Why should I pay £800 million to buy Everton when it’s only with £500 million?

Irrespective of whether the club goes into administration, there will probably be job losses / changes of personnel if/when any new owner acquires the club. Any competent owner would look at the various roles and decide what is and isn’t value for money. That’s the same in any business, happens in my profession and probably happens in yours.

The club is a loss making entity, any new owner would look to address that and would probably look for efficiency savings. Not nice, but happens in any industry / company on the planet.

Also, there seems to be talk it’s administration or awful owners like 777, and we need to choose our medicine. You do know it could be both? Perfectly possible for Everton to be bought by crooks and still enter administration (see Wigan Athletic).

Fact is, if the club goes into administration it’s because it can’t afford to pay its debts. That’s not my fault, not Paul Quinn’s fault, it’s the fault of Moshiri, Kenwright, Ingles, Baxendale etc.

Also, there comes a point when it’s not an “option” to go into administration. Liquidation law applies duties to the directors of Everton automatically.

So let’s cut the crap about certain people wanting Everton to go into administration.

Why would anyone pay more for the club than it’s worth?

Let’s say I’m a billionaire, Everton is valued at £500 million, but because of its debts it would cost £800 million to acquire (and that debt figure is going up every week). Why should I pay £800 million to buy Everton when it’s only with £500 million?

Irrespective of whether the club goes into administration, there will probably be job losses / changes of personnel if/when any new owner acquires the club. Any competent owner would look at the various roles and decide what is and isn’t value for money. That’s the same in any business, happens in my profession and probably happens in yours.

The club is a loss making entity, any new owner would look to address that and would probably look for efficiency savings. Not nice, but happens in any industry / company on the planet.

Also, there seems to be talk it’s administration or awful owners like 777, and we need to choose our medicine. You do know it could be both? Perfectly possible for Everton to be bought by crooks and still enter administration (see Wigan Athletic).

Fact is, if the club goes into administration it’s because it can’t afford to pay its debts. That’s not my fault, not Paul Quinn’s fault, it’s the fault of Moshiri, Kenwright, Ingles, Baxendale etc.

Also, there comes a point when it’s not an “option” to go into administration. Liquidation law applies duties to the directors of Everton automatically.

So let’s cut the crap about certain people wanting Everton to go into administration.

so your saying new owners are waiting for administration to then buy us?

administration on a clubs CV is a farce

so your saying new owners are waiting for administration to then buy us?

administration on a clubs CV is a farce

That’s not what I’m saying. I have no inside knowledge of who is looking to buy Everton or what their strategy is.

But I don’t see why anyone would pay more for the club than what it’s worth. Do you think someone would pay more than it’s worth?

The only scenario where I could see someone doing that is for sentimental reasons, such as a billionaire Evertonian. But I don’t think that’s likely to happen.

If you’re angry at the threat of administration, that should be directed at the people who got us in this mess.