777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s just all utterly crap. If we end up with 777 it looks disastrous, if we’re in this limbo we could go into administration. Even if a new buyer comes in it will take months to sort and therefore the transfer window will be a sh1t show.

We’ve wasted months on 777 surely there would be other buyers out there? It feels weird that it’s only them.
There has to be, for a start people who were unsuccessful with bids elsewhere. Clearly in the market for a PL asset and with the means to rectify our situation and use the stadium as a spring board to success.

Moshiri and his boss might be worried about opening the books to someone with a clue though.

In order for this to go through, they need 158m to pay off MSP. That was just one of the obligations the PL set out. Then don't they have to show enough money in the accounts to be able to keep Everton afloat and a going concern for a minimum of 2 seasons?

I think this is far from done.

But it would be great if these supposed other interested parties "just waiting in the wings" piped up and made their intentions known. I guarantee if there was an alternative bidder that the fans could get behind, there'd be a lot more support for a rival bidder and Evertonians would be a lot more vocal in their opposition to 777.

As things stand, there is no one else to get behind so we continue to just aimlessly drift into another vital summer with no one steering the ship.

Unreal how the PL can't get involved at this point and demand Moshiri either starts putting in his own money or has to sell the club for £1 as he's running this club into the ground

Getting a bit hairy this to be honest.
Screenshot_20240503_090533_Chrome.jpg

Try one of these mate , gets into all your nooks & crannies too.

In order for this to go through, they need 158m to pay off MSP. That was just one of the obligations the PL set out. Then don't they have to show enough money in the accounts to be able to keep Everton afloat and a going concern for a minimum of 2 seasons?

I think this is far from done.

But it would be great if these supposed other interested parties "just waiting in the wings" piped up and made their intentions known. I guarantee if there was an alternative bidder that the fans could get behind, there'd be a lot more support for a rival bidder and Evertonians would be a lot more vocal in their opposition to 777.

As things stand, there is no one else to get behind so we continue to just aimlessly drift into another vital summer with no one steering the ship.

Unreal how the PL can't get involved at this point and demand Moshiri either starts putting in his own money or has to sell the club for £1 as he's running this club into the ground

I’m not buying into Moshiri’s narrative that there’s no alternatives.

Getting rid of Moshiri is priority number 1. As I’ve been saying for several years, the longer he stays the further into the mud we go.

If the Premier League’s fit and proper owner’s test doesn’t have the power to step in at a point like this, when an owner is literally fast tracking the club to going out of business, what the hell is the point of them?

I’m not buying into Moshiri’s narrative that there’s no alternatives.
tbh mate I don't remember him saying that 777 were the only bidder, I only remember him saying they were the right people to take over the club.

What I want to see at this point is whoever those apparently waiting in the wings are, to pipe up right now and tell us that they're here, available, wanting to get involved with Everton and waiting in the wings. Give Evertonians a chance for their voices to be heard against Sheff Utd.

Once this season is over, any takeover won't have any kind of resistance from the fanbase because there won't be any games to voice any discontent.

tbh mate I don't remember him saying that 777 were the only bidder, I only remember him saying they were the right people to take over the club.

What I want to see at this point is whoever those apparently waiting in the wings are, to pipe up right now and tell us that they're here, available, wanting to get involved with Everton and waiting in the wings. Give Evertonians a chance for their voices to be heard against Sheff Utd.

Once this season is over, any takeover won't have any kind of resistance from the fanbase because there won't be any games to voice any discontent.

I pay no attention to what he says. But clearly he is refusing to entertain any alternative bidders despite the fact that these fellas have proven over the last year that they have no money to their name whatsoever. He doesn’t need to specifically tell me that, his actions tell me that.

Administration would be a disaster.
Probably relegated.
All our best players sold cheaply to pay creditors.
We would be in the first division before we know it with the milestone of an expensive stadium around our neck.

Regarding 777, I take a different view to others. I think if it wasn't going to happen it would be scuppered by now. The PL will not want one of their members in administration either and my feeling is that eventually a deal will be cobbled together to get 777 over the line.

We hear of other interested parties but I am sceptical about those because if true, they are waiting for 777 to fail, the deal to collapse (which it may not) and then come storming in to pick over the bones of the Everton carcase.

On the other hand if they were reputable and put together an alternative package it would make it easier for the PL to reject 777.

I think the PL are holding their noses when dealing with 777 but in the absence of an alternative they have no choice.

Administration would be a disaster.
Probably relegated.
All our best players sold cheaply to pay creditors.
We would be in the first division before we know it with the milestone of an expensive stadium around our neck.

Regarding 777, I take a different view to others. I think if it wasn't going to happen it would be scuppered by now. The PL will not want one of their members in administration either and my feeling is that eventually a deal will be cobbled together to get 777 over the line.

We hear of other interested parties but I am sceptical about those because if true, they are waiting for 777 to fail, the deal to collapse (which it may not) and then come storming in to pick over the bones of the Everton carcase.

On the other hand if they were reputable and put together an alternative package it would make it easier for the PL to reject 777.

I think the PL are holding their noses when dealing with 777 but in the absence of an alternative they have no choice.
I don’t understand how Moshiri is going to get paid by 777 even if the deal were to go through . The whole thing stinks !!

I mean, I'm sure the PL don't give a monkeys about EFC - but they want to look competent.

To be fair to them, they've put in some reasonable concrete conditions and the ball is in Moshiris / 777s court.

Those concrete conditions have removed the smoke and mirrors.

The leadership at 777 are unlikely to give up - these sort of challenges are kind of their job really - juggling finance, investments, contracts etc.

Moshiri also doesn't give a monkeys about EFC but he needs to find an alternative to administration for his own sake - and I'm hoping that all his eggs aren't in the 777 basket.

The clues are there - the debt restructuring because the current state of the finances just isn't functional for most investors.

I'm not an expert but there are only so many variables there - perhaps a consolidated loan for a longer period of time at a better interest rate, perhaps more leverage based on the stadium to offset risk.

I'd say people on here (and myself) are over-valuing the club with emotion - it just isn't a brand that our owners in the PL-era have established globally.

Interest-rates are high - borrowing is expensive and it's also pretty easy to get returns on capital without risking it on a football club.

I think we'd all like some cash-rich investor who can pay off the debts and steadily improve the club to make money - as far as I can see that is what Moshiri has searched for and not found....

Status
Not open for further replies.