777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Esk has basically laid out exactly what the club's situation is on his blog. For anyone who hasn't read it I'll try to put it in layman's terms.

777 are rejected = Chances of administration are about 90%. MSP are owed £140m and are due repayment very shortly. They just want out now and probably regret ever getting involved at all. Rights and Media Funding (Kenwright's mates) are owed £150m and it's rising. Their debt though is guaranteed, so the club possibly going bust they couldn't care less about because they'll be unaffected. Hence why they blocked MSP's proposal to takeover and restructure their deal. We also have to pay Laing O'Rourke their next installment to keep construction under way, if we fail to do this the penalties would be huge. Tragically the club generates no money except through TV money and (hypothetical) player sales. But that's just not enough to keep our heads above the water at this point. No sponsorship and or prize money to help out (thanks Putin you absolute bell).

777 are approved = A group that can't even pay the bills to keep Standard bloody Liege running day-to-day basically handcuffs us to them, their fate would be our fate. They are taking out loan after loan from dodgy US insurance companies just to stay alive in a zombie form. Staff are being laid off in droves, have got debt-recovery lawsuits coming out of their ears, their other clubs (with monthly bills far lower than us) are barely keeping the lights on. It's so bad at Standard they've already had two transfer bans because they've failed to pay fees (which are tiny by PL club standards), and unless they can pay the ex-owner what he's owed by this April then under Belgian law he can officially re-take ownership of the club from them. And to put a bow on it all, they're even being investigated in the US for fraud and racketeering. Even those investigations come to nothing, this a company with extremely bad credit that any reputable organisations surely won't want to do business with. Even their Chief Operating Officer has decided he can't be arsed anymore and has walked away.

We're in a terrible way and trauma is in our immediate future, tragically. All I want is for the club to still be around in the decades to come, so future generations at least get the choice of becoming an Evertonian or not like we all did.

Last edited:
The Esk has basically laid out exactly what the club's situation is on his blog. For anyone who hasn't read it I'll try to put it in layman's terms.

777 are rejected = Chances of administration are about 90%. MSP are owed £140m and are due repayment very shortly. They just want out now and probably regret ever getting involved at all. Rights and Media Funding (Kenwright's mates) are owed £150m and it's rising. Their debt though is guaranteed, so the club possibly going bust they couldn't care less about because they'll be unaffected. Hence why they blocked MSP's proposal to takeover and restructure their deal. We also have to pay Laing O'Rourke their next installment to keep construction under way, if we fail to do this the penalties would be huge. Tragically the club generates no money except through TV money and (hypothetical) player sales. But that's just not enough to keep our heads above the water at this point. No sponsorship and or prize money to help out (thanks Putin you absolute bell).

777 are approved = A group that can't even pay the bills to keep Standard bloody Liege running day-to-day basically handcuffs us to them, their fate would be our fate. They are taking out loan after loan from dodgy US insurance companies just to stay alive in a zombie form. Staff are being laid off in droves, have got debt-recovery lawsuits coming out of their ears, their other clubs (with monthly bills far lower than us) are barely keeping the lights on. It's so bad at Standard they've already had two transfer bans because they've failed to pay fees (which are tiny by PL club standards), and unless they can pay the ex-owner what he's owed by this April then under Belgian law he can officially re-take ownership of the club from them. And to put a bow on it all, they're even being investigated in the US for fraud and racketeering. Even those investigations come to nothing, this a company with extremely bad credit that any reputable organisations surely won't want to do business with. Even their Chief Operating Officer has decided he can't be arsed anymore and has walked away.

We're in a terrible way and trauma is in our immediate future, tragically. All I want is for the club to still be around in the decades to come, so future generations at least get the choice of becoming an Evertonian or not like we all did.

Short term v Long Term - 777 are terrible in both these scenarios.

Short Term - No Administration but the summer is going to be a firesale for every single asset we have and we have no guarantee that the club will have the money reinvested into our current relegation battling squad.

Long Term - They will gut everything we have. Stadium, Squad, Premier League money and most importantly Fans. Price hikes and commercial deals which benefit their shareholders. Until they lose interest or we lose the Prem money.

We need those points back desperately because we become more attractive to other buyers

Kind of wish the PL would just kibosh this now tbh
The furore would be apocalyptic though. Screwing us over with P&S, then, to the untrained eye screwing us over by kiboshing the take-over (admittedly that would be for the right reason, so it's unlikely the Prem do right by us).

DOOOOOOOOMED !!!!

The Esk is a very dangerous fella.

For me, he's an absolute blag artist who's made his name by blagging he's an "ITK", prior to his most recent venture into financial "expert", he was a transfer "expert", who had no qualms about finance when he was claiming he had signed Witsel, Mata and Mourinho.

No one has met him, no one has seen him, I wouldn't be shocked if he's sat at home in his box room somewhere locally having a right laugh.

I give him as much credit as I'd give anyone of you here who are not claiming to he ITK.

Yes, we're a mess, but everyone knows that, but it's not right that the Esk is scaremongering people.

777 are rejected = Chances of administration are about 90%.
The Esk as ever paints a bleak picture. Did he actually quantify the chances of administration as 90%? I skimmed the article (from 9th February) and did not find this. Maybe I missed it?

For me, he's an absolute blag artist who's made his name by blagging he's an "ITK", prior to his most recent venture into financial "expert", he was a transfer "expert", who had no qualms about finance when he was claiming he had signed Witsel, Mata and Mourinho.

No one has met him, no one has seen him, I wouldn't be shocked if he's sat at home in his box room somewhere locally having a right laugh.

I give him as much credit as I'd give anyone of you here who are not claiming to he ITK.

Yes, we're a mess, but everyone knows that, but it's not right that the Esk is scaremongering people.
Before i blag off, Does this Esk character do a podcast with two others they sound older lads, think one of three has been ill recently?

K

so basically doom and gloom, like every blog theEsk has ever written. He’s a muppet and who even takes him seriously any more

And yet, the FCA gave approval and FA approval supposedly a done deal but not announced. It does look an absolute nightmare. Just seems very odd.

People on X (some of whom are wrong on an hourly basis) uncover every detail of the finances of a company that has interests and funds in Bermuda. That’s usually the sort of thing where the trail stops? And yet websites for whom 90% of their articles are about one company unearth everything that all of the disgruntled creditors cannot? Maybe I guess?? Fair play if true.

If they are in as catastrophic state as it sounds, even the PL would have simply laughed them away months ago. These stories make it sound completely impossible for them buy and run a PL football club, and yet no-one has said NO. “Oh we haven’t got a couple of bits of info.” “ Oh yes you have!” Thats not the story being painted. You wouldn’t need any info other than eyes. So why the holdup?

We do have acting board members, so do have a CFO who presumably has a modicum of financial experience. Why would they be sitting in a train waving a 777 flag when that train is hurtling towards allegedly a 100% certain cliff edge. Makes no sense professionally or personally. Yes it’s Mosh’s asset to sell, but the finance team at the club have to be involved. Why no sneaky leaks saying “insiders at the club are terrified at Mosh’s chosen buyer. Representatives from the buyer visited FF and made Seamus pay for their sausage roll in the canteen 😲” . Peoples jobs are on the line. Normal people, not millionaires. Not a peep?

The notion that spending hundreds of millions (more) on another limping and underperforming asset will magically stave off certain liquidation literally overnight for a company on its knees makes no sense. Yes, long term. But these stories sound like 777 are going to be lucky to make it to the Palace game.

However…..I am a strong believer that if something looks like poo and smells like poo, don’t pick it up and have a bite and rub it all over your arms. I want the mysterious cape-wearing alternative buyer to swoop in. Not disagreeing with anything I have read yesterday as I don’t spend every waking moment trying to extract financial info out of Bermuda, but just find it very very very odd that so many people internal and external to club seem so happy to go through the process. Weird.

He was on a twitter space a Couple of years ago, when we looked like going down under Lampard and didn’t even get the parachute % payments correct and it’s easy to find the percentages. A guy on the space tried to put him right but wouldn’t listen. Of course the figure he was quoting was a lot worse than the actual figure.

Also got the Covid figures wrong. A guy posted on here saying he gets his financial predictions wrong every season on Everton 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Let’s not forget he said for years Usmanov wasn’t involved and when Covid happened he said the ground build wouldn’t start till 2025. Biggest blagger out there

Status
Not open for further replies.