777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
“The local sporting directors report to me,” said Spors. “They are fully in charge on the ground, but on the important decisions, we are involved. I’m not taking the decisions on every small contract, not every academy player or physiotherapy decision. But the main ones, hiring a player, selling a player, head coaches decisions, sporting director decisions. Those are the ones we want to be on board.
Concerning. That's a major part of Kevin Thelwell's role.

Wonder if Kevin would stay if that’s the case.
I guess Kev requires authorisation from Mosh (and previously BK) for player expenditure and new manager hires etc. Technically no different, but feels weird when the owners are more removed. Mosh feels like an owner within the club, these investors seem to sit outside and above the club. Maybe it feels different when they are in.

They would have to authorise significant cash disbursements anyway.

New owners shouldn't be coming in saying they will prove critics wrong. What sort of takeover is that. We want "We're here and watch us fly" not "Oo erm all the nasty things well they might be true but we will do our best"

Fills me with dread to be honest.

I guess Kev requires authorisation from Mosh (and previously BK) for player expenditure and new manager hires etc. Technically no different, but feels weird when the owners are more removed. Mosh feels like an owner within the club, these investors seem to sit outside and above the club. Maybe it feels different when they are in.

They would have to authorise significant cash disbursements anyway.
Yes, that's my thinking. I'd rather someone with a degree of football acumen rather than Bertie Bananas of Monaco was signing off on major football decisions.

Yes, that's my thinking. I'd rather someone with a degree of football acumen rather than Bertie Bananas of Monaco was signing off on major football decisions.

Personally I'd rather have the DOF signing off on players.

If the model and personnel is right then Thelwell shouldn't need approval in my opinion.

I think it would be similar to what we have now, but with someone with football knowledge to approve or assist with decisions, whereas previously Thelwell would have had to go through Moshiri etc.

He would always have someone to answer to.
Exactly. Sporting directors always report up and he’ll be used to a similar structure from his time in NYC.

If it goes through and if the 777 business guys just let the football people do their jobs it’s a solid structure and the group aspect will have advantages. Two big ifs there of course.