777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a fair, balanced post.

I think the concern is not they wouldnt want to complete, but that they may not be able to secure the capital to do so.
That's fair

I don't know enough to comment on this, but again I would find it strange for any buyer to come in if they knew they could not fund an almost complete construction project. That would also end up harming their own investment.

Still want to see a lot more information that this takeover is actually likely to happen before getting too concerned, but I would agree with all of the above.

The last week of the transfer window with the fire sale suggests Moshiri either has absolutely no money anymore, or has decided he will no longer invest in the playing squad. Neither of those two situations is sustainable or acceptable.

I don't understand the fears that any new investor would stop a stadium construction project that is probably two thirds (or more?) complete. It makes no sense that any investor would want to do that, because it would massively diminish their own investment. If the project was only at planning stage or the very early stages of construction, I could understand those fears, but we can all see the stadium - it is very far along now and getting closer to completion. Under Moshiri, we could easily run out of cash since he appears to have no access to funds anymore.

We are in a really bad situation, but I do struggle to see how new ownership would put us in a worse situation than the current situation.
totally agree

That's fair

I don't know enough to comment on this, but again I would find it strange for any buyer to come in if they knew they could not fund an almost complete construction project. That would also end up harming their own investment.

We'd hope as any part of the sale the funds are handed over to Laing to finish it. They may borrow the funds to pay for that so we would be mortgaged to the hilt but at least the stadium is ticked off.

I'd stick with Moshiri until we're in the new stadium, as long as the finances were somehow found to jettison the stench of Kenwright and his cronies ASAP and put a competent board in place. If we're still somehow in the prem by then, I'd hope we were attractive to a more ambitious buyer who'd actually invest wisely.
Unfortunately, Mosh doesnt appear to have a pot to wee in to solve the Kenwright issue, or the stomach.

Look I don't want these guys, but if it means Kenwright and Moshiri are gone and SOME level of a business plan in put in place, I think that surely has us in a better position than we are in right now, if only slightly.
If the reports are true and it’s a full takeover the end of Moshiri / Usmanov is something good almost irrespective of who comes in.

Let’s be honest, a lot of people have looked the other way and there’s been no smoking gun, but their ownership arrangement is deeply shady at best and in the light of the sanctions if anything were proven we could literally just be shut down. It’s not even a chelsea situation where everything was out in the open- it’s what Moshiri and Usmanov are hiding that’s the scary part.

Getting those two gone is absolutely imperative.

I find it extremely hard to believe 777 have access to the funds needed given they have twice tried and failed to raise smaller sums ($250m) in past 12 months. We need to stop trying to understand their motives and abilities through the lens of honest, competent businessmen when they are spivs trying to amass an asset base by sending a relatively small pot of money they have access to in circles around their various clubs keeping plates spinning long enough in the hope that lightning strikes and one or more of the clubs gains rather than loses value by performance on the pitch which then opens up new borrowing or sale routes to access more capital.

Status
Not open for further replies.