777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if they have gone through FCA approval, the events with the missed BBL payment and Vasco da Gama occurred after.

I don't really know what will happen, but I don't think they would ignore two years of information.
I suppose it's possible, but based on the levels of financial mismanagement that at tolerated throughout the UK every day I doubt it will do more than raise an eyebrow.

The league will be the tougher test, as @jinkyali mentioned above, they can't have their rep tarnished if 777 can't pay future bills due to other clubs.

Last edited:
I suppose it's possible, but based on the levels of financial mismanagement that at tolerated throughout the UK every day I doubt it will do more than raise an eyebrow.

The league will be the tougher test, as @jinkyali mentioned above, they can't have their rep tarnished if 777 can't pay future bills due to other clubs.
I also wonder whether the letter sent by the Mr. Goney will have any influence , by highlighting the distasteful and repugnant core business this group conduct ?
The criticism of the Saudi takeover may make them more sensitive to allowing owners of dubious morals becoming owners .
Risks further damaging the brand after all.

Lampard has identified the problem here:

No doubt he'll be criticised, but he's likely right I'd say

If he is right in identifying the fan base as part of the problem - then one of the key actions to help the club improve would be to improve the fan culture - as I've said for some time...

"Tap in to what the fans want"
Joe Royle knew this and did it - but wasn't allowed to take the next step(s)...but he had players who bought into it too.
Ferguson did it - once
Dyche did it in his first game.

But my use of Joe Royle is only my opinion of...what the fans May sometimes want / like.

If the players maybe buy into the...'what the fans want'
Then the fans will buy into the players

I also wonder whether the letter sent by the Mr. Goney will have any influence , by highlighting the distasteful and repugnant core business this group conduct ?
The criticism of the Saudi takeover may make them more sensitive to allowing owners of dubious morals becoming owners .
Risks further damaging the brand after all.
You'd like to think the Goney business would matter, but unfortunately it doesn't.

Opportunist vultures preying on the needy surround us every day and it's largely ignored.

There maybe more appetite to fight it if it were one of the glamour club involved but we're 'only' Everton. Nobody gives a toss. (Which is why it appears 777 are the only option available right now)

Lampard has identified the problem here:

No doubt he'll be criticised, but he's likely right I'd say

If he is right in identifying the fan base as part of the problem - then one of the key actions to help the club improve would be to improve the fan culture - as I've said for some time...

What is the problem though?. Is it fans wanting more from their team that isn’t delivering what they should.
I feel it’s standard across every club. Just easier to create the narrative for us, due to the size of the club and the fact we have been fighting relegation last few years.

So hes been posting about this 'interview' or 'chat' and theres not one mention about the actual "2hour conversation" just this opinion at the end of that ramble:

777 partners, in my opinion, are not appropriate buyers of Everton Football Club, from a moral, ethical, financial, managerial and immediate needs based perspective. I understand entirely the view (almost certainly, fact) that without an immediate or near immediate buyer the existential crisis Moshiri spoke of will occur. We, a 145 year old institution, will go out of business. However, that doesn’t mean that 777 Partners are the solution to our problems, the reverse is true in my opinion.

All stakeholders, supporters, investors, local business people with the means, politicians, even the footballing authorities must see what is ahead of us and act accordingly. A solution different to 777 Partners has to be found – even at this very late hour

-- a 2hr chat where the information he may have gleaned remains private lol
You idiot.
He explained that whatever discussed was between the two parties and his article is his opinion of the discussions without disclosing any new information as agreed with 777.

Last edited:
"Tap in to what the fans want"
Joe Royle knew this and did it - but wasn't allowed to take the next step(s)...but he had players who bought into it too.
Ferguson did it - once
Dyche did it in his first game.

But my use of Joe Royle is only my opinion of...what the fans May sometimes want / like.

If the players maybe buy into the...'what the fans want'
Then the fans will buy into the players
it helped Joe Royle was an absolute hero to many, so he already had them on his side. He was a clever man in many ways with his sound bites. Which afforded him time, that said, performances, and then winning the FA cup, accentuated that. Dyche doesn't have the cleverness, soundbites, fans on his side, time, nor ability to actually win something, or structure the club such that he could. Furthermore the structure isn't in place for the club to win anything either.

it helped Joe Royle was an absolute hero to many, so he already had them on his side. He was a clever man in many ways with his sound bites. Which afforded him time, that said, performances, and then winning the FA cup, accentuated that. Dyche doesn't have the cleverness, soundbites, fans on his side, time, nor ability to actually win something, or structure the club such that he could. Furthermore the structure isn't in place for the club to win anything either.
Well there is that too

This is so Laughable. If Everton had been relegated that means 2 out of Leicester, Leeds and Burnley would have still gone down so how could those lose 100 mill each for loss of PL earnings ? Beats me. They should look at their poor performances in losing games.

Also would effectively rule out any takeover from any party trying to takeover us.

Status
Not open for further replies.