777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah thanks! It’s really not my field of expertise I can’t lie and I don’t know Paul personally to comment. I have just spoken and tweeted about the facts and what is happening and where things are at, which is what Everton have announced and confirmed.
Yeah think there is a fair amount of scaremongering and hysteria about, not unreasonably given some of the stories out there, but found your last pod reassuring that the club have seen sufficient proof they can do what they say they will, and that Deloitte are in the middle of it keeping things above board.

Still very wary of them but they look to have brought in some decent people to run their football group so if they are allowed to do their jobs maybe it won't be as bad as people fear.

Yes, I would be happier if the investment came from Saudi Arabia.

Yes, its an anti-American thing, cos the majority of American owners in this league are terrible, all they do is take, take, take.

But you do realise unsure isnt a negative thing, it just means that people are unsure how it will go, I mean if you wanna lend me your crystal ball and give me the lottery numbers we can buy the club together.
I would love to buy this club and completely change how football teams are operated in Europe.

777 will bring an American approach to the management of professional sports franchises and hopefully change the game.

Multiple teams across multiple leagues...the cross-utilization of systems and approaches will be invaluable.

I would love to buy this club and completely change how football teams are operated in Europe.

777 will bring an American approach to the management of professional sports franchises and hopefully change the game.

Multiple teams across multiple leagues...the cross-utilization of systems and approaches will be invaluable.
We shall see.

I think you're barking up the wrong tree by suggesting 'it's an anti-American thing'.

In Scouse terminology, I'd say 'the state of that' when talking about 777. They seem to be leeches.

Besides, having other clubs in their portfolio as opposed to just taking on Everton, we as Evertonians should be telling them where to go. Having at least one other club where the fans are protesting against them (remind you of anything?) should be a clear message. A clear sign.

There are a lot of holes in this one. A lot of questions need to be asked. Moshiri is not getting in the best investor for Everton Football Club to take the club forward, he's doing this for one reason to get some capital and get rid of his affiliation with Everton. No one should believe a word from Moshiri.

Fair play and thanks for the measured response.

But the idea of some Angel Investor swanning in and saving this team from ruin is silly. I can't stand Moshiri and am happy to see him gone but even he admitted that the days of people like him and Abromovich leading teams to succuss are gone.

Which is good for the game because as a business model it doesn't work. Look to the US where scouting, training, developing, and coaching are paramount. Not mega $$$ transfers..

That's how teams succeed. Not because they can out-spending everyone else.

But the idea of some Angel Investor swanning in and saving this team from ruin is silly. I can't stand Moshiri and am happy to see him gone but even he admitted that the days of people like him and Abromovich leading teams to succuss are gone.

Which is good for the game because as a business model it doesn't work. Look to the US where scouting, training, developing, and coaching are paramount. Not mega $$$ transfers..

That's how teams succeed. Not because they can out-spending everyone
nah mate most teams in football succeed because they spend out everyone and it’s been that way for years madrid barcelona man utd juventus etc have always being able to spend more than most and that was before the likes of city and chelsea took it to another level

Yes, I would be happier if the investment came from Saudi Arabia.

Yes, its an anti-American thing, cos the majority of American owners in this league are terrible, all they do is take, take, take.

But you do realise unsure isnt a negative thing, it just means that people are unsure how it will go, I mean if you wanna lend me your crystal ball and give me the lottery numbers we can buy the club together.

Can you provide one or two US club owners in England that have done an effective job and the fans were happy?

Because as far as i can see US owners hinder rather than help.

Clearly a state backed club would be far superior to this.

Yes there should be alot of investors into Everton...just like there should have been when Moshiri came in.

There may well be...but the terms set probably are not favourable.

Nailed it. Really dont want American owners...who would want them? Its insane.

Clearly the business could be run more efficiently but the profits go back to the US rather than investing and building the club.
This is by no means intended to defend 777 at all - the problems with them are obvious.

But this narrative that all American owners are mere asset-strippers with no concern for on-field success just doesn't hold up. I mean, we all hate the RS obviously, but they're American-owned and have been successful with it. As are Arsenal, who are in rather good shape at the moment. And Chelsea hasn't seen the on-field success yet, but it's not for lack of investment. If anything, Boehly's spent too much money.

Not to mention Villa, who are building something right now. I understand the hatred of the Glazers with all of their debt-laden shenanigans at United, and I guess that's where the reputation has come from. But that's one owner, and even they have spent gobs of money on players.

So with all due respect, this attitude that American ownership means guaranteed ruin but somehow Middle Eastern oil money means guaranteed success makes no sense.

This is more a function of salary caps than anything else. You can't spend everyone into submission in Major League Baseball, where there is no cap. Well-managed clubs with big payrolls still beat well-managed clubs with small payrolls in the postseason, most years. This year's a bit of a weird one, in that the Orioles and Rays are doing it on the cheap. It's no different in the NCAA, where the athletic departments with the largest budgets perform better on the field than the departments with small ones, far more often than not.

Back in the '80s and early '90s before the NFL salary cap, the 49ers and Team Formerly Known as an Ethnic Slur won seven out of eleven Super Bowls with the two highest payrolls in the league by a country mile. Dallas and Pittsburgh weren't exactly low-payroll clubs in the '70s, either.

The transfer system doesn't help matters, but the biggest problem right now for 'competitive balance' in European football is the loopholes in the spending regulations. Those are there by design, because UEFA doesn't want their biggest revenue generators taking their toys to a new sandbox.

Personally I cannot see this going through. It would be a famous Everton First to be the first club in the Premier League era to have a takeover vetoed by the league. I'd be happy with that outcome though. Get the oil people in now.

This is by no means intended to defend 777 at all - the problems with them are obvious.

But this narrative that all American owners are mere asset-strippers with no concern for on-field success just doesn't hold up. I mean, we all hate the RS obviously, but they're American-owned and have been successful with it. As are Arsenal, who are in rather good shape at the moment. And Chelsea hasn't seen the on-field success yet, but it's not for lack of investment. If anything, Boehly's spent too much money.

Not to mention Villa, who are building something right now. I understand the hatred of the Glazers with all of their debt-laden shenanigans at United, and I guess that's where the reputation has come from. But that's one owner, and even they have spent gobs of money on players.

So with all due respect, this attitude that American ownership means guaranteed ruin but somehow Middle Eastern oil money means guaranteed success makes no sense.
I didnt say it means ruin, I said the majority have no interest in investing money.

Out of all the clubs you mentioned, before Chelsea, the Villa owners were the only 1s to spend money on their clubs.

Big Red, Arsenal and Utd earn vast sums of money from their commercial deals and match day, they milk their fans.

I also said yesterday that if these fellas get some good people involved, it could be ok for us.

I voted unsure, but I also said we should wait, see and judge on them on what happens next.

Personally I cannot see this going through. It would be a famous Everton First to be the first club in the Premier League era to have a takeover vetoed by the league. I'd be happy with that outcome though. Get the oil people in now.

You know it's going to happen. But more news today emerging on 777. I doubt it will even get that far. I hope it literally falls apart.

This does not bode well for Everton though. None of it does.

But doesn’t that tell you how corrupt the league is? Middle Easterns with bad reputations for homophobia, murder, oil hoarding etc is perfectly fine in their eyes but god forbid a portfolio collector get involved with one of their clubs, can’t have that oh no siree

From what’s being said by people who know a lot more than I do, it’s not going to go through until early next year. The first test for 777 imo, will be to see how they can improve us commercially. Isn’t out contract with Stake due to expire next year? Getting a more lucrative shirt sponsor would be a good start for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.