777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too simplistic. Everyone gets them, and if they're hived off, it won't be jig time before we're gone from the PL

Instead I saw a quote from Wander I think, where basically the intention is to use the ownership to sell other services like insurance to supporters. Basically use supporters being willing to do anything for a club to help it survive that they'll pay extra above who they're paying now for that service to help out.

Edit... interview content here -

Imagine remortgaging your house with Everton

Hypothetical I know, but is there a conflict of interests when you have so many clubs, what if they play each other in European competition?

It bugs me massively that they have their fingers in so many pies that they will not have a sole football team that they focus on.

It also bugs me that they're an organisation that make no bones about it are there for making money. They're not there for the football. Or the silverware. No matter what they 'say'. We are well versed with being told a load of nonsense and led up the garden path, we've had enough practice with the verbal diahorrea from Moshiri, Kenwright and DBB.

Mate i dont think we will have to worry about that for a while.
Take your point though

The poll is like choosing between a rock and a hard place….for that reason I chose unsure 🤷‍♂️
I chose in favour.
Only because I feel we may see a feeder club situation, where we get decent players from the other clubs, on the cheap which we can then either save on transfer fees or sell on for profits. Later.
I feel if these guys want to make money. This is the way they will go.
It would be a great selling point for say a young German of Belgian kid. Sign for Berlin/Liege and if you do well, you have a guaranteed move to the premier league in a few years.

Someone on here said that she looked like she was possessed by demonic entity, thought it was brilliant
Mask_cher.jpg

Think we should retain an open mind at this stage.

Judge them on their actions, rather than all the noise.
All that really matters is are they more savvy and interested in learning and keeping up with the game to make the right appointments and signings. Hopefully they aren’t asset strippers mind, but they own multiple clubs so they should have a much better understanding of footy and hopefully they become fans in the sense that they keep up with things in the league. Moshiri didn’t have a clue and couldn’t be bothered.

Hypothetical I know, but is there a conflict of interests when you have so many clubs, what if they play each other in European competition?

It bugs me massively that they have their fingers in so many pies that they will not have a sole football team that they focus on.

It also bugs me that they're an organisation that make no bones about it are there for making money. They're not there for the football. Or the silverware. No matter what they 'say'. We are well versed with being told a load of nonsense and led up the garden path, we've had enough practice with the verbal diahorrea from Moshiri, Kenwright and DBB.
The multi club thing is interesting. If they get us near Europe I think they will have already cashed-out by then and put their gains into something else.

Their focus isn’t an issue. The 2 blokes we keep hearing about will try and steer the culture towards revenue generation and cost cutting, but day to day they do nothing. We are used to a board that does nothing, but a proper CEO and Finance Director (or probably CFO in American parlance) will run the club in the direction the owners point it. Same in any large business. Look at someone like Penske (who I’d love to buy us). Truck rental, truck sales, warehouse management, logistics handling for massive companies, consistently championship winning race teams, owns the whole sport of Indycar, owns the Indianapolis track, engine manufacture and repair for large and military vehicles/ships, all on top of the largest motor dealer groups in multiple countries. Roger Penske does not run those businesses day to day. He’ll put the absolute best in every business in every territory. Total opposite of Mosh.

I don’t like that all their talk is of money. It’s true, but it’s crass to keep banging on about it. A bit of “football the fans want” would be nice of them to drop in. Profit can be a massive motivator to success. Their success would be profit, intrinsically linked to our performances. They can’t just sell tickets to watch a dead team and sell Godfrey repeatedly. Mosh had a flaccid pipe dream of success and no clue how to get there. At all. Our only hope is that one of our main failings is total inability to trade profitably, and that’s slowly but inevitably crushed the on field quality. If they do manage to make us profitable, maybe the reverse will happen.

Not convinced at all, but not terrified of them. The owners we would ideally want wouldn’t touch us in this state.

Status
Not open for further replies.