777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They we're in talks with PIF earlier in the year about PIF investing in 777 to allow them to expand their club ownership. They were also talking to other parties. Assume they have accessed funds to allow them to purchase Everton
Yeah, there will be a funding source for this. They might be slightly shady geezers but in truth Deloitte aren't wasting everyone's time with a phantom bid that doesn't have the money behind it, even if they've not run it past Esk first.

Or its 550mil plus all liabilities which comes to about 1.1Billion which others are saying.

We won't truly know til the dust settles.
It’s described as a share sale. I obviously don’t have any details, and don’t know exactly what the figure is quoting, but it’s either EV (essentially the value of debt and equity), or in this case Moshiri describes it as a sale of his shares, so they’ve purchased his shares and probably any shareholder loans he had in the club.

The worry for me is that they sell the stadium, lease it back to the football club and then sell up.

As stadium owners they get the benefits , sale proceeds pay off their debt acquired to buy the club and the club are left as tenants enjoying none of the benefits of owning the stadium.
This is what will happen, place I work was taken over by an investment company, first thing they did was sold the land it was built on, we now rent.

We are gambling with our future as a football club.

This investment group only want this stadium so they can sell the stadium rights for cash, sell it back to us, keep the revenue and increase incomes.

They can't asset strip the squad because it's not worth a huge amount.

I believe they'll want they to stay in the Premier League obviously so I hope they bring in football management instead of Kenwright and Co.

This isn't a done deal, it's an agreement so there will be more twists and turns.

Just gotta pray the club “own” the ground and they don’t split it (I never really liked the new business being set up separately for BMD, but seems standard practice) or we will end up like Coventry.

Re monetising the connection to the club, I’m not sure that strategy will fly unless the products are good - insurance or whatever they decide - I’m not just gonna buy Everton insurance because it’s Everton’s and the club badge and motto is on me insurance certificate.

Just gotta pray the club “own” the ground and they don’t split it (I never really liked the new business being set up separately for BMD, but seems standard practice) or we will end up like Coventry.

Re monetising the connection to the club, I’m not sure that strategy will fly unless the products are good - insurance or whatever they decide - I’m not just gonna buy Everton insurance because it’s Everton’s and the club badge and motto is on me insurance certificate.
This is a big concern

Hopefully this deal is scuttled by the Premier League, I know they allowed the Saudis to invest but I feel they're more likely to deny a takeover over concerns of financial malfeasance then a consortium backed by an odious regime known for extensive human rights abuses. PIF is and was an ethical abomination but was ecomically sound. It's unsettling but I feel the Premier League will be more vigilant of financial sustainability. Also I see the atomic roach kenwright would still be involved , such Clownery he's like the Vichy govt, will do everything to retain power at the expense of the people. It's very evident moshiri prized the best deal offered for him instead of the potential prosperity of this club such a debacle

Status
Not open for further replies.