777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He certainly isn't on £30-40k a week I know that, our wage bill is massive for a club like us, some of our players are on far more than people realize.

Yeah fair enough... if for arguments sake he is on £70k - £80k a week, then the salary saving on just 3 players is going to be close to £1.2million(!) a month.

One of our issues is said to be cashflow problems - that won't half help

Over 90% of our income has been going on wages, no player at this club should be on £100k+ per week, not Pickford, not Doucoure, not any of them. It's too much. Getting rid of Gomes and Dele will help but we have to get a grip on contracts and wages, we have given money away for nothing the last few years.

That's fine in a vacuum, but that's not realistic. Certainly Pickford should be or he wouldn't be here. The average salary for a first team PL player is 60-70k per week depending on the source. It's higher for a starter, it's higher for a good starter...

The issue isn't giving good players 100k/week, it's giving a bunch of bad players 100k/week.

That's fine in a vacuum, but that's not realistic. Certainly Pickford should be or he wouldn't be here. The average salary for a first team PL player is 60-70k per week depending on the source. It's higher for a starter, it's higher for a good starter...

The issue isn't giving good players 100k/week, it's giving a bunch of bad players 100k/week.

Yeah that figure is hugely inflated by the top 6 paying players £300k a week. What’s the average for teams outside of the top 6? I’d like to see which players outside of the top 6 are earning over £100k per week, I bet there’s about 10 maximum. 5 or 6 of those have probably been ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.