777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about denial. We're all aware of the numbers on debt and what it'll take to own Everton.

But this is the PL and the numbers for all clubs, barring very few, will be astronomical.

There's a buyer for us out there and they'll be weighing up when to make their move.

This Neil W feller has a history of being part of a Blue Knight type consortium as far as I understand. That lot have massive baggage they bring with them when prognosticating on outside interest in the club. They always have and always will.

This is what he was involved in.

Plus ca change!

Boggles my mind a bit but, once the stadium is paid for, is the club actually capable of making money in the PL with sensible decision-making ?

Or are we expecting a new 'investor' to give away money to the club every month just to keep going.

And is the end-game always going to be to try and attract a crazy rich owner and everything else is just limbo ?

The PL really is a bizarre competition.
It will be some time before the stadium is able to contribute and even then I think it will just stabilise us where we have existed for 3 decades as a mid table side who will occasionally qualify for Europe but always be at risk of a bad season resulting in a relegation struggle, and unlikely to ever win a trophy.
In the short term we need to introduce some capital to sustain us until the stadium can stop draining money from us.
If we aspire to anything better we need a bigger boost of capital along with very good management of resources.
Either way the club needs gutting and restructuring completely to be able to exist at all.
Existential crisis indeed .

so loads of millionires and billionaires especially from USA are investing in plenty of championship sides but no one wants to invest in a prem team in one of the biggest footballing cities in the UK with a new stadium being built

sorry that can't be right

How many of them are sitting on a billion pound of debt, with over a year before that stadium starts paying for itself?

Btw.... We do share that city with a club who aren't exactly minnows.

How many of them are sitting on a billion pound of debt, with over a year before that stadium starts paying for itself?

Btw.... We do share that city with a club who aren't exactly minnows.
The £450m investment from Moshiri isn’t debt.

- there’s no interest payable
- it has no repayment date
- classified as equity in the audited accounts
- in reality he’s going to have to write-off all/most of this

The £450m investment from Moshiri isn’t debt.

- there’s no interest payable
- it has no repayment date
- classified as equity in the audited accounts
- in reality he’s going to have to write-off all/most of this

Yes, but while he's holding out to recoup the max for his shares it may as well be if its going to be passed onto the buyer.

However, I wasn't really including the cost of the shares.... the outstanding loans and any costs to complete the stadium and keep us operating could add up to that amount.

My point being that it's one thing attracting investors to relatively stable football clubs with paid for infrastructure and/or minimal debt. Quite another to attract them to us at present.

Not implying it is impossible, far from it in fact...... just that they'll probably need to be financially "very sturdy," shall we say.

What we have here, is a bunch of sycophants who have no idea what is going on, but feel like people expect them to know what is going on, so they make stuff up and post it on the internet, while making it vague enough so it can be twisted into always being right. The reality is they have no idea like the rest of us mere mortals

I keep hearing that the new stadium is going to save us, if only we can hang on until then.
Does anyone out there know how much this stadium will bring in. Will it even cover the running costs that 777 have been topping us up with???

I keep hearing that the new stadium is going to save us, if only we can hang on until then.
Does anyone out there know how much this stadium will bring in. Will it even cover the running costs that 777 have been topping us up with???
We're borrowing money at the moment to pay for the stadium build. When it's finished we won't be doing that and our borrowing should stabilise. At that point we'll know our debt repayments, and given our capacity is going up by 13,000 and there is more hospitality at the new ground, a conservative estimate would be £50 x 13000 x 20 games so £13 million in general admission plus the increased hospitality which will be at least the same again so something in the order of £25 to £30 million minimum,plus increased sponsorship and advertising deals due to the new location. I'd say getting on for £50 million a year. That should be close to covering the interest on our debts, and allow us to compete again in the medium term.

Status
Not open for further replies.