Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
5 hours on the phone to be told what everyone knows?

1) If MSP wanted us, they would have called it in already. No other buyers, we know, we are a mess, why would anyone want us.

2) the Bell/Downing consortium can’t afford us. We know, that’s why they haven’t stepped in.

3) MSP don’t understand relegation risks because they are American? What a load of crock. That’s just casual racism at best.

4) R&M are absolute belters that are rinsing us, yes, they have been for years, we all know.
Bloody hell mate... Americans not understanding relegation is casual racism? I'll have to remember not to bring this up in front American friends so's not to cause embarrassment

• I have spent 5 hours on the hone today

Posted by neilw*
    invisible.gif
    user_silhouette.png
    on May 20, 2024, 9:11 pm

With people closely involved in the EFC situation, one as a reporter/observer, one working to try to bring a consortium together and another working for a lender. I cannot break confidences but:

1. There is no seriously rich interested buyer and MSP seriously do NOT want to step in. No Qataris. No funded US buyer (just another chancer).

2. The only possible consortium right now is some Evertonian names well known to us (through involvement with MSP or wider public profile) but they are well short of being able to make a bid. Even if they can it will be at best a short-term bridging move as they try to restructure and find the elusive longer-term buyer

3. MSP (perhaps because they are American) do not yet fully understand the risks of relegation, UK liquidation etc. They might be getting there slowly but do not seem to understand or want to accept that their stadium security is worthless unless Everton is a going concern in the PL. They do not want to be the one to push us over the edge but do not seem to realise they could easily lose everything. If they ever do get there maybe option 2 will become viable with their support. IF!

4. R&MF have the strongest income security and will not consider taking a haircut on loans or reducing or deferring interest - unless and until the doom clock strikes 11.59.

This all means IMO there is no path forward until:

1. MSP recognise security on stadium is worthless unless Everton are a going concern; no club, no value; and

2. R&MF recognise much of their debt will never be repaid; both a US marine style haircut & lower interest rates are needed to stabilise long-term finances

Right now neither get/accept this analysis so this summer we will be selling players (multiple) to pay final stadium costs, cover operating costs and maybe trim the R&MF loan a touch. It will require miracles from Thelwell, Dyche et al to keep our heads above water. Kicking the can down the road.

Will we survive in PL? I have no idea but I am more worried tonight than I was last night and I was mildly terrified last night. Unlike eg TheEsk I do not think we would emerge from administration without liquidation sending us to AFCEverton at eg Tier 8-11.

Sorry to be the grinch but bad though the last two years have been we are nowhere near turning a corner, at least not in any positive way.

Nobody show @matty1878
I think neilw could actually be ToffeeTransfers on twitter.
States the obvious whilst knowing zilch.

Bloody hell mate... Americans not understanding relegation is casual racism? I'll have to remember not to bring this up in front American friends so's not to cause embarrassment
Making a statement that they perhaps don’t understand relegation because they are American is. They own multiple football clubs, of course they understand relegation.

The thing I like is he says MSP don't understand when the three main investors to that group are Downing, Bell and Moshiri.

One or all three clumped together would just have to pay the 100 million owed to the other investors in the fund and surely they could take control of 49% of club, if Moshiri cannot pay them back that is. Surely for Downing/Bell that represents hugely good value for money.

Ah, the misery is back to feed my addiction.

Lots of talks of haircuts - which usually means a 'little off the top' as a fee on a trade - so im a bit lost - is it an expectation that our creditors will accept less interest ?

Ah, the misery is back to feed my addiction.

Lots of talks of haircuts - which usually means a 'little off the top' as a fee on a trade - so im a bit lost - is it an expectation that our creditors will accept less interest ?
Basically yes. They've already had significant interest payments and may take the view that taking less money now is better than the club going into administration when they wouldn't be guaranteed to get anything. I don't think we're anywhere near that situation yet though. We could sell Pickford, Branthwaite and Onana which would pay all of the creditors for another year when our revenues from the new stadium will kick in. The question is whether we can stay up without them.

Yeah I've just re read that and sorry but don't believe for a second that MSP aren't aware they could lose their 200m if we went into administration and aren't aware of the gravity of the situation we find ourselves in.

I'm sure it is a bit of mess behind the scenes but I'm certain MSP will be very aware of how bad the mess is and will be keeping a close on eye on all developments.