777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I give it a year before the club goes into administration. Everything seems so sketchy .
777 might be sketchy but they’re not mugs. They are privy to the club’s financial position and there will also be an agreed contingency if approval isn’t granted. They simply aren’t pumping in the best part of 200m, unsecured, to a business that is in imminent danger of going under, taking most if not all of their cash with it.

I don't to be honest. It will be the key commercial asset for them going forward

I've never really understood the idea it would be sold and rented etc. It makes no sense to me.

A sale-leaseback doesn't prevent them from profiting from the stadium. At least in the States, things like naming rights and operations etc are still controlled by the clubs/franchises.

The idea is that they get an injection of cash (let's say 500 million) for a fixed monthly fee.

I'm not saying they're going to do that, there's no evidence of it. I'm not even saying it's a good idea, but it's a viable strategy.

Said it when Moshiri took over and I believe it to be the same with 777, they are fronts for other people......IMO the same person
I honestly don't see it - its literally illegal to do business with Usmanov in any way. They might get away with it here under a Tory government but these guys are American, it'd be seen as high treason over there and they'd be facing jail time for breaking sanctions. No chance are they that stupid with America leading the sanctions on Russia

A sale-leaseback doesn't prevent them from profiting from the stadium. At least in the States, things like naming rights and operations etc are still controlled by the clubs/franchises.

The idea is that they get an injection of cash (let's say 500 million) for a fixed monthly fee.

I'm not saying they're going to do that, there's no evidence of it. I'm not even saying it's a good idea, but it's a viable strategy.
Also, while it’s quite rightly spoken about as a very bad option, it’s a possible lever to pull to stave off insolvency and complete doom. So if the option of sale and leaseback exists it at least provides some protection against even worse scenarios. I don’t think we’re there yet though.

I honestly don't see it - its literally illegal to do business with Usmanov in any way. They might get away with it here under a Tory government but these guys are American, it'd be seen as high treason over there and they'd be facing jail time for breaking sanctions. No chance are they that stupid with America leading the sanctions on Russia

Yeah, highly unlikely. These guys would be in jail if found out.

Also, MSP would never have been part of the picture.

Yeah, highly unlikely. These guys would be in jail if found out.

Also, MSP would never have been part of the picture.
Yeah and submitting pretty much everything about your business immediately to the Premier League would make being found out a lot more likely too, never mind having to invite the FCA to have a look into you...

And if you were taking money from a source that could land you in jail, or washing it for a cartel or any of the other fanciful stories about them, you’d be mental to use it to buy a PL football club with all the forensic scrutiny that comes with.

And if you were taking money from a source that could land you in jail, or washing it for a cartel or any of the other fanciful stories about them, you’d be mental to use it to buy a PL football club with all the forensic scrutiny that comes with.
might aswell stick your money in a purple wheelie bin and set fire to it if ye gona use everton to wash your doe