777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I'm not talking about people on the board in particular. I thought I'd explained that. I'm talking about people who are employed to
help the club succeed playing football, be they board members, DoFs, managers or coaches. Walsh and Brands had success in their roles at Leicester and PSV, and were brought to Everton to do the same here. They didn't. I can't make it clearer.

Leave out 'appointing people to the board' from my original post, and read it as 'appointing people to the club'.
But you said that here
Don't Everton have a history of hiring people to the board who have been great achievers at other clubs, but who fail when they
get here.

If reports are correct and 777 are satisfied with the job Dyche is doing then I want them gone as well, how can you be satisfied????
Really
They are hardly going to go into a meeting with him and tell him he is crap and that they are going to sack him are they?

The stuff I read was that they were satisfied with how him and Thelwell carried out our transfer business. Can’t recall reading them saying they are happy with his performance in games.

“Wander and Dransfield are understood to have been pleased with the approach to the transfer market - with their hands tied behind their back due to financial constraints”

If reports are correct and 777 are satisfied with the job Dyche is doing then I want them gone as well, how can you be satisfied????
Really
What did you expect Dyche or 777 to say?

777 haven't even taken over yet so have no authority to change manager. And even if they do want to change manager in due course, they aren't going to tell Dyche in their first meeting, "sorry mate, we've got bad news - you're getting the sack soon as we're in charge".

And even if they did indicate to Dyche that they would like a new manager, Dyche is hardly going to come out and say yeah I spoke to the possible new owners and I'm getting sacked in 2 months.

Dyche's time as manager here will be dictated by results in the next number of weeks. If he wins games, he gets time. If he keeps losing games and we are cut adrift, then he will be sacked. He's no different than any other manager in top flight football. If relegation becomes the likely outcome, the manager will be sacked.

That’s my hope as well, but do they have anywhere near the access to funds city group have?

I guess my main concern is they aren’t coming in to asset strip us (what assets? lel) and lease us the stadium at a premium rate.

We can't afford to lease the stadium at a premium rate mate, and if they put season tickets up in excess of a grand I genuinely think the majority would walk away.

777 would be liable for the MSP and RMF loans so I don't think they can afford for us to go down either.

I'd be a liar if I said these guys don't have baggage. But I really don't care what lawsuits they might have against them as a company or as individuals within the company, if they bring in proper football people to sort out the structure and have us operating like a sane, modern club then I'll be happy.

777 haven't even taken over yet so have no authority to change manager. And even if they do want to change manager in due course, they aren't going to tell Dyche in their first meeting, "sorry mate, we've got bad news - you're getting the sack soon as we're in charge".

And even if they did indicate to Dyche that they would like a new manager, Dyche is hardly going to come out and say yeah I spoke to the possible new owners and I'm getting sacked in 2 months.

Dyche's time as manager here will be dictated by results in the next number of weeks. If he wins games, he gets time. If he keeps losing games and we are cut adrift, then he will be sacked. He's no different than any other manager in top flight football. If relegation becomes the likely outcome, the manager will be sacked.
I expected Wander to fire him on the spot, go to the Royal Dyche in Burnley and deface the sign, then start a rumor that Dyche has a superfluous third nipple.

It sounds like 777 are operating a bit like a racehorse syndicate. The larger syndicates own a lot of horses, and you can buy shares in the horses while the syndicate owner keeps some the shares in every horse. If one turns out to be exceptional, they usually sell it and split the profits.

What worries me more than anything about selling to a firm of investors like this, especially on a success related basis is they have nothing to lose, a safe bet for them. Say we were to get relegated this season, what's the incentive to prevent it. or to get us back up first season? The worse we get the cheaper the job lot becomes for them. I just hope our negotiating team are making a watertight deal to negate any underhand dealings or blatant price rigging.

None of us know how the deal will be structured though and I'm pretty certain we'll stay in the dark for as long as these people "own" us.

It sounds like 777 are operating a bit like a racehorse syndicate. The larger syndicates own a lot of horses, and you can buy shares in the horses while the syndicate owner keeps some the shares in every horse. If one turns out to be exceptional, they usually sell it and split the profits.
Who pays for the ones that end up in the knackers yard ?

Hope it puts a firework up his backside, the sack is coming otherwise and unfortunately that also increases our probability of relegation. Would represent a significant loss to 777 for that to happen so I assume they will not sit back and do nothing.

As an aside, when are we going to start putting performance clauses in managers contracts. For where we are now, not only should dyche be sacked but he should forego any compensation for being 🐶 💩