777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Which they could have done a few weeks back but didn't.

We are a money pit.

RMF blocked that deal. That would be more difficult to do the closer we get to the loan needing repayment.

It’s not hard to see what’s going on here and why all the insolvency chat is being thrown about by hacks like goodley.

At this point do you think his inside man is deliberately trying to feed him the wrong information to see just what the esk will write?
I do sometimes fear he is being used to pump the visibility of stories posted by others.

I’m fully settled on Bobble and Al to report what’s actually factually happened, and can’t believe it’s come to this given his lines of questioning in pressers, Shamoon for titbits of what hasn’t happened or might happen. Somehow he now quotes contacts from Mosh’s team and 777. All very scripted and safe responses, but better than setting fire to the house just to tell everyone it’s on fire.

https://x.com/shamoonhafez/status/1785385410815762452?s=46

Did not expect Dave to go full tankie in this thread.

On topic it looks like 777s goose is cooked but how long would it take to get new funding if come the end of May they can't write anymore cheques.
It's not tankie to point out what the Guardian has become.

I think the issue is we can't restructure the debt yet as we're not playing in the new stadium and have flirted with relegation in the last 3 years. Spurs were in no danger of relegation and could therefore restructure their debt in advance of moving in. For us I think any lender would wait for next season to pan out. I think it's vital we pay off R&M and 777's loans asap. I'm more confident that MSP are in it for the long haul due to their association with 2 prominent Evertonians.

Last edited:

In short, Moshiri made promises he couldn't afford, couldn't raise the funding despite hiring the best finance firms, started the project without the funding being in place, got into bed with some right dogs and we're now covered in fleas and looking like we're going to run out of money.

Good times.
So hold on, that chancer Simon Goodley at the Guardian last night did a follow up piece about the story of the club's stadium financing so far - about 9 hours after his morning story yesterday about "Everton employing a consultancy group over insolvency" - then drops that latter claim, but instead gives a link to a website that has a general explanation of 'wrongful trading and insolvency'.

How on earth do people hand that clown any credibility? The fact he works for the Guardian (itself a dubious honour these days) is beside the point. He is a pure fabricator and gutter 'journalist'.

But no doubt the next fabrication he puts forward will have alarm bells going off and people setting their hair on fire.

So hold on, that chancer Simon Goodley at the Guardian last night did a follow up piece about the story of the club's stadium financing so far - about 9 hours after his morning story yesterday about "Everton employing a consultancy group over insolvency" - then drops that latter claim, but instead gives a link to a website that has a general explanation of 'wrongful trading and insolvency'.

How on earth do people hand that clown any credibility? The fact he works for the Guardian (itself a dubious honour these days) is beside the point. He is a pure fabricator and gutter 'journalist'.

But no doubt the next fabrication he puts forward will have alarm bells going off and people setting their hair on fire.
My dad gets the Guardian. He rings me up on a regular basis and leaves messages about bankruptcy and more points deductions etc. He's 88 and lives in a care home, so I hope this guy's proud of himself! I just tell him it's scaremongering rubbish, but then again I told him that about the points deduction and we all know what happened there!

My dad gets the Guardian. He rings me up on a regular basis and leaves messages about bankruptcy and more points deductions etc. He's 88 and lives in a care home, so I hope this guy's proud of himself! I just tell him it's scaremongering rubbish, but then again I told him that about the points deduction and we all know what happened there!

IMO it's harassment.

Goodly has a vendetta against Everton and I bet his employers back him 100% with it.

I've never seen any of these journalists take an interest in Everton's finances when Kenwright was running us into the ground.

There's something more than football considerations going on here, for sure.

I think the issue is we can't restructure the debt yet as we're not playing in the new stadium and have flirted with relegation in the last 3 years. Spurs were in no danger of relegation and could therefore restructure their debt in advance of moving in. For us I think any lender would wait for next season to pan out. I think it's vital we pay off R&M and 777's loans asap. I'm more confident that MSP are in it for the long haul due to their association with 2 prominent Evertonians.

Spurs restructured after moving in, beforehand they had short term loans to complete the build. They would have been screwed over in terms of interest repayments if the timing was similar to ours.

Reiterating once again what massive mistake BMD is proving to be.
Rather than improving our future it has seriously blighted it and endangered our very existence.
No building the stadium wasn’t and isn’t a mistake, the mistake was Moshiri not having an alternative funding source after USM was blocked

There was no feasible reason to stay at Goodison nor redevelop it without causing a whole street and school to be knocked down

Spurs restructured after moving in, beforehand they had short term loans to complete the build. They would have been screwed over in terms of interest repayments if the timing was similar to ours.

Spurs are a well run club with a wage bill at 45% of its turnover when doing the build and maintaining that right now. They could afford to do the build and be self sufficient.

We started and had to rely on handouts from Moshiri as the majority of our turnover goes on the wagebill. It was not sustainable and we probably can't even afford to pay the interest payments on the loans right now, never mind paying them down.

2.66%!
But they went to the banks and found ‘proper’ lenders. Moshiri went and didn’t get any so carried on anyway. Brave or foolhardy? Time will tell. But it’s more the issue of high risk than timing.
Once we are in the stadium it makes refinancing at reasonable rates much easier to achieve