Perspective

Who are the better fans?

• Match going

Votes: 36 50.7%
  • Watch on TV

Votes: 35 49.3%

• Total voters
I'd argue that going the game you probably get more frustrated about not being 'entertained' than you would from watching at home!

When the game is terrible you can think of things such as the cost (around £30 per ticket for season ticket, £50 for a one off game, travel, parking, refreshments if required etc) it can add up to about £60-£100 per game......more if you are taking a youngster with you etc! There is also the time it takes out of you life schedule..................whether its booking time off work, missing out of other activities, gym, football etc or just liking to chill on the couch at home or put your kids to bed!!
You are sacrificing all that to go and watch some turgid football!!

Watching from further afield in terms of TV (not in terms of our American fans who get up at silly o'clock to watch us etc) you are more accepting of the way 'have to; play! Your not stuck in a car park at half 10 at night waiting to get past all the traffic to get home! You are at at home or in the pub or at the gym straight after! You haven't lost anything by not going! If you have gone and it hasn't gone well..........there is a feel of regret!
That's exactly the point, the frustration of travelling to GP on a Monday night to watch that so called Premier League game of football would anger anyone.

I feel like a lot of fellas just use it as an excuse to fume and F and blind at something to vent their frustrations.
That can be the case sometimes 100%, the biggest annoyance for me is the moans and groans when we pass it around the back, like it's some cardinal sin to keep the ball a bit at home, you also get the same moans when we go long, blues need to decide what type of football they want to watch but unfortunately they have no clue what they want.

That can be the case sometimes 100%, the biggest annoyance for me is the moans and groans when we pass it around the back, like it's some cardinal sin to keep the ball a bit at home, you also get the same moans when we go long, blues need to decide what type of football they want to watch but unfortunately they have no clue what they want.
Agreed. It should be a two way street and to be honest there's nothing positive about the club at the moment. We can't expect fans to be happy clappers cheering when we are run worse than some amateur outfits and it should start from the top. The issues lie upstairs, and I think the atmosphere will get better once we have some clarity over the future.

Just seen this post on here and made me think. Are opinions and perception different on here between those local who go the games and perhaps those who follow Everton from afar?

I guess it must affect how you view the game what you see and what influences you.
'going the game' for me costs about half a season ticket, and feels like a holiday win/lose/draw so I definitely feel insulated against the angst somewhat by being a teleclapper. So yea, I reckon perspective is different and it is probably easier for me during the stressful times.

Thank you very much, seems to be a nice community here. I've been a reader of this forum for years before eventually deciding to join it. We dominated Spanish football in the early 80s and were even more restricted with signings of players that were born in the Basque region, nowadays it's a bit less severe, but still needs some connection to Basque. so Inaki Williams or Aymeric Laporte would not have been possible back then. The squad was quite young back then and not competitive for the title anymore as many of the core have left with his predecessor. Yet, we are one of the 3 only clubs to be never relegated.
I know who he was, but I mostly know it from stories by elders, because I was 8 at the time he took over. He had very hard footsteps to fill in after Clemente left. Sometimes football is more than just a result industry. He is still talked about here for his gentle and respectful demeanor along with his commitment to the club tradition. The love is mutual.

I’ve been living in Barcelona for 13yrs and to my great shame I haven’t visited the Basque Country yet… I also regret not seeing a game at San Mames before they changed to the new stadium. Although I hear the atmosphere is still great at the new one?

A couple of my favourite non-Everton games that I’ve watched more than once are Athletic win at Old Trafford and the 2-2 draw with Barça…..Bielsa vs Guardiola. It’s a great club. I’m hoping for a Basque final in the Copa Del Rey, it would be a great battle!

On topic, the best fans are the US ones watching us in the middle of the night or going to a bar at breakfast time to watch us be crap. Give them control of the forum for a month as a thanks

Great user name. I assume you are a fan of 'La naranja mecánica' or are just called Alexandro? I had a great trip to Bilbao in 2003 and saw Athletic Club beat Depor 3-2 at San Mamés to qualify for Europe. I hope you can qualify for the Champions this season.
Both is correct, I like Clockwork Orange and my name is Alexis, but almost everyone calls me Alex. Certainly some inspiration from there. And glad u went there to watch a game.

I’ve been living in Barcelona for 13yrs and to my great shame I haven’t visited the Basque Country yet… I also regret not seeing a game at San Mames before they changed to the new stadium. Although I hear the atmosphere is still great at the new one?

A couple of my favourite non-Everton games that I’ve watched more than once are Athletic win at Old Trafford and the 2-2 draw with Barça…..Bielsa vs Guardiola. It’s a great club. I’m hoping for a Basque final in the Copa Del Rey, it would be a great battle!

On topic, the best fans are the US ones watching us in the middle of the night or going to a bar at breakfast time to watch us be crap. Give them control of the forum for a month as a thanks
Barcelona is a nice city too. Yes, we miss the old San Mames, but it was really time to move on as it was overdue for a make over. Many great memories from there. But it was time to move and we do like the new stadium and in Spain, people name atmosphere and the stadium as one of the best in the country. It will be the same for you hopefully. Goodison is legendary, but it's great chance for you to move on to a state of the art stadium. I do like it a lot, steep stands close to the pitch, with a mix between old and new.