Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
How we can bring in Tarkowski and Coady for no transfer fee, but completely neglect forward areas is beyond me.

Hope Calvert-Lewin can stay fit and hope we can stay out the bottom 3 come January and hope the club get their finger out and bring in some support.

Lampards right, there's a void in attacking areas. Replacing a player who directly contributed over a third of our goals last season in Richarlison with Maupay and McNeil doesn't bode well.

We've looked dodgy at times in our first 5 games at the back and if people think Maupay is the answer to our goal stats, then well...
Maupay replaces the goals lost from richarlison. Even with those goals we stayed up by a cats willy hair last season. We needed someone to replace the goals we lost from DCL being injured for the bulk of the season. The same DCL who has missed our first 6 games this season. He has to get fit and stay fit. Unless Gordon and Gray can score 10-15 each this season in the league, we just don't have enough goals in the side. Alternative is we have to be as tight as a nuns at the back but let's face it, we have conceded in all 5 league games so far this season and have had a massive amount of luck in not getting pasted in a couple, so that's not looking too great.

So, 2 signings were made yesterday but not announced till today.

So what have Kev/BK/Mosh/Lampard spent the entirety of today doing?
Garner only turned up at FF this evening

They tried, along with Fulham, to get a cheap deal for Ben Brereton Díaz

Errr, struggling here

It's a shame as the lack of signing a forward would leave the team vulnerable to another DCL injury away from having to play the % and grind out performances hoping to chip away and accrue enough points to stay afloat. Maupay is someone to chuck on after 65 minutes to run around like a space cadet and pest the opposition. He really isn't the answer should DCL go down again. I really like the majority of signings apart from McNeil but I respect his work rate and Maupay...not for me Clive. Credit to the work put in to greatly strengthen the defence and midfield - at least the team will be competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.