Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

More importantly a new squad too. How many times last season did we have 2 keepers and some kids on the bench to make up the numbers, sometimes we couldn’t even do that much. The fact of the matter is now whatever first 11 we put out we can look to the bench and always see the following:

Experienced CBs
Good full back cover on both sides.
Different types of midfielders to come in and change a game, experienced or young talents.
Generally at least one of McNeil, Gordon or Gray.
A different type of striker.

Obviously all of these players are at a good level too and most if not all are Premier League ready quality. It’s insane to me that people can’t see the quality we’ve added all over the squad.
Yeah, overall it’s been a good window, probably a very good one. But ending it a forward short, and, even if there’s no money for one, with one domestic loan unused, that just feels like a big oversight. It doesn’t feel like it could’ve been that hard to make it a great window.

It is not bedwetting to say we have a squad who could easily be in a relegation battle

The real delusion is people adamant we will be totally fine and even predicting as high as 8th in some situations

Our recruitment has been all over the place again. Stock piling midfielders and ignoring goalscorers. Replacing Richarlison with Maupay and Mcneill. We will struggle because of these poor strategic decisions.
Stockpiling midfielders?

Assuming we move to a 3, we have Gana, Garner, Onana, Iwobi and Doucoure to choose from before we’re into the real dregs.

I honestly feel like this is the most focussed our recruitment has been in some time, but I’m sure Everton could have just Evertoned me into lower standards.

As always, time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.