Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s not a really a number 6 though and he’s nothing special in possession, used to give the ball away cheaply 2/3 times a game in a blue shirt. He had Gareth Barry and then Schneiderlin sitting for him.

Not sure he’s the type of player lampard wants as the holding player. Because he’s not technically sound

Fair point but to keep possession you have to win possession mate, and he's one of the best at that.

….I think he’s in the top drawer of pkayers because he’s so effective. I can see top clubs wanting him. Grealish went for £100m, I’d want £70m if Richarlison chooses to leave.
Although the Grealish sale was a year ago now and I wonder if the Haaland move will have a knock on effect on future transfers - is Richarlison worth £10m more than Haaland to someone?

Although the Grealish sale was a year ago now and I wonder if the Haaland move will have a knock on effect on future transfers - is Richarlison worth £10m more than Haaland to someone?
He had a release clause and the wage packet is one of the biggest in the game. Even if Richie goes for a bigger fee the overall package will be small in comparison

Or one of there youngsters, Cole palmer?
He is a good player and the type we don’t have. Sadly being an unstable club who have being playing a primitive style of football I can’t see us being looked at fondly by the likes of Chelsea and Man City to develop their youngsters.

He’s not a really a number 6 though and he’s nothing special in possession, used to give the ball away cheaply 2/3 times a game in a blue shirt. He had Gareth Barry and then Schneiderlin sitting for him.

Not sure he’s the type of player lampard wants as the holding player. Because he’s not technically sound

2/3 times a game is a massive improvement on what we have currently . More importantly, he can actually protect the back 4. This is assuming he still has the same pace over 10 yards and the same engine as he had before

Controversial I know, but I'd take Gueye on a short term loan deal from PSG - 33 soon but on his metrics he's not slowing down - don't actually care about all the faux outrage currently surrounding him.

He'd enable us to have a stop gap on a really hard position to fill, bring in Gilmour as well to learn from him, and focus on other parts of the team this summer without the huge worry about if that vital part of the team will fit into the team.

The issue with the DM position is that there arent any 'standout' players around who fit the criteria of what I expect Lampard would be looking for.

Gana certainly would need a sitter alongside him while he runs and presses...effectively taking the Allan role. Otherwise hed leave too many gaps.

Either we sign a deep lying playmaker, take a little risk on someone like Ampadu or we mould a centre mid into the deeper role.

The midfielders who are signed should point to whether Lampard wants to totally change style, keep the same or somewhere in between.

The issue with the DM position is that there arent any 'standout' players around who fit the criteria of what I expect Lampard would be looking for.

Gana certainly would need a sitter alongside him while he runs and presses...effectively taking the Allan role. Otherwise hed leave too many gaps.

Either we sign a deep lying playmaker, take a little risk on someone like Ampadu or we mould a centre mid into the deeper role.

The midfielders who are signed should point to whether Lampard wants to totally change style, keep the same or somewhere in between.
You look at Lampards successful career, and the midfielders who played behind him. Makalele, Essien. Then you look at his managerial career, kante.

Not difficult to guess he will want a similar type player, hard running ball winner. Play making traits is welcome but not a requirement.

Gana is a perfect fit but too old.

Controversial I know, but I'd take Gueye on a short term loan deal from PSG - 33 soon but on his metrics he's not slowing down - don't actually care about all the faux outrage currently surrounding him.

He'd enable us to have a stop gap on a really hard position to fill, bring in Gilmour as well to learn from him, and focus on other parts of the team this summer without the huge worry about if that vital part of the team will fit into the team.
Would be a marketing suicide jobbie, if we took him. No company will want to associate with somebody who is appears to be homophobic. Not in this country anyway.
At a time when we are trying to clean house and educate people. Bringing him back should be a defo no no.

You look at Lampards successful career, and the midfielders who played behind him. Makalele, Essien. Then you look at his managerial career, kante.

Not difficult to guess he will want a similar type player, hard running ball winner. Play making traits is welcome but not a requirement.

Gana is a perfect fit but too old.

Kante played at 8 for Lampard though....Jorginho was used as a 6

Would be a marketing suicide jobbie, if we took him. No company will want to associate with somebody who is appears to be homophobic. Not in this country anyway.
At a time when we are trying to clean house and educate people. Bringing him back should be a defo no no.

Its literally a criminal offence in Senegal.

No more senegalese players ?

I think the issue we have now is the Championship used to be a good market to operate in, obviously we signed the likes of Cahill, Jagielka, Baines, Lescott and many more from there. BUT I feel now the value for money isn`t there and that comes with greater risk.

Would we really be happy paying £50m+ on Johnson from Forest and Lewis-Potter? Prices are becoming crazy!

I think if there is better quality to be had in top divisions across the continent i.e. France, Holland, Germany, Belgium etc etc
Baines didn’t come from the Championship fwiw

Status
Not open for further replies.