Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sold Keane, Holgate, Iwobi, Davies for £50-60mil then Richarlison, Mina and DCL were to go as well we'd be looking at £260-300mil.

Lets say we then spent that in building a young team in summers 2022 and 2023. By 2024 we would also be free of FFP issues and could spend another £200mil+.

Id rather we held onto the 9 players i mentioned in an earlier post and sold anyone/everyone else.

But it could be good to start afresh.

…..and if I was born in Glasgow I’d be a Scotch Egg.

God the Everton forum is so depressing lately. Even this thread is all about which of our best players we're selling.

I'm off to the current affairs forum to cheer myself up
The 'net spend' on transfer ins/out in terms of fees only is (and im being generous here) circa £250mil in 6 years under Moshiri.

Thats around £42mil a year which really is nothing as large as some posters and the media claim.

If you are right @catcherintherye and our spending is 12th since Brands took over then i am not surprised at all and imagine we may even drop lower in the next 12months.

What I would be doing between now and the summer is doing my best to lock in the following players:

Pickford: Expires 2024--Extend to 2027
Age at end of new contract: 33

Godfrey: Expires 2025--Extend to 2027
Age at end of new contract: 29

Mina: Expires 2023--Extend to 2027
Age at end of new contract: 32

Digne: Expires 2025
Age at end of current contract: 32

Doucoure: Expires 2023--Extend to 2025
Age at end of new contract: 32

Allan: Expires 2023--Extend to 2024
Age at end of new contract: 33

Gray: Expires 2024--Extend to 2026
Age at end of new contract: 30

Richarlison: Expires 2024--Extend to 2027

DCL: Expires 2025--Extend to 2027

If we can extend contracts then it also extends our FFP/profit and sustainability on the books for their transfer fees -- this opens up more funds to use on signing players.

Clearly some of those players have club options for another year and others wont simply agree to the extension length or even an extension at all.

Pickford
??? Mina Godfrey Digne
Doucoure Allan
??? Richarlison Gray
DCL

Thats a strong 9/11 players and if we have any sense we would be doing our best to get them signed up.

Moving forward...

Right back:
Mazraoui from Ajax on a precontract in Jan
Patterson/Ramsey from Scotland
Aarons from Norwich
Dodo from Shakhtar
Livramento from Southampton
Singo from Torino

Right Wing:
Chukwueze/Tsyganov's deals end in 2023
Antony from Ajax
Kulusevski from Juventus
Pino from Villareal
Sarr from Watford
Doku from Rennes
Tete from Shakhtar
Madueke from PSV

Of course some of these players will be cheap/free while others will be expensive.

We should be able to use this average £42mil spend and bring in two of these players to 'complete our first 11'.

We have some young players now on the books like: Dobbin, Onyango, Branthwaite, Gordon, Nkounkou. If considered good enough, 11 players becomes 16 and hopefully one or two more come through to pad the squad.

Outside the 9 'senior' players any of the others should be considered available for transfer and we should actively be trying to move them on.

Use the funds on signing u23 aged high potential players and build a second 11 behind the senior who are capable of developing into starters.

We should be building around the quality that we have and being more ruthless in moving players on that arent top quality.

TLDR:
Extend senior players contracts
Sell/move on seniors who arent 1st choice
Look to sign/develop top u23 players

I thought the same and suggested we extend players contracts.

But there are so many players who we need to move on. So, so, so many.

So what's a realistic strategy? Do we have any money to spend and who out there is so desperate that they want the players even we couldn't shift in the summer?

I'm not overly assed about price(well I am because of where it leads) it should be more about due diligence and getting the right players in instead of our seemingly haphazard approach.

If we sold Keane, Holgate, Iwobi, Davies for £50-60mil then Richarlison, Mina and DCL were to go as well we'd be looking at £260-300mil.

Lets say we then spent that in building a young team in summers 2022 and 2023. By 2024 we would also be free of FFP issues and could spend another £200mil+.

Id rather we held onto the 9 players i mentioned in an earlier post and sold anyone/everyone else.

But it could be good to start afresh.
and in the real world, which manager sells 7 first team players and buys a bunch of kids?

Replacing DCL in January will be all but impossible. I really can't see any other club letting their best striker go in January.

We need him back, so badly at the moment. Surely the club wouldnt do it?
Given the past transfer activity you would put nothing past this club.... One 1st team left back! How many years to address RB? No back up striker! The squad is so unbalanced and laden full of rubbish.

Looking at track records that is exactly the irresponsible thing Everton would do! Then spunk the 60-70-80 million on Che Adams or someone......

There's only 5 first team players in that list. However, if we sold our two first string forwards and our starting CB pairing we'll be in big trouble, no matter who we bring in.
which 2 haven't played for the first team?

But whether it is 5 or 7, it is fanciful at best to suggest any manager would sell them and buy a bunch of kids and expect to still be in a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.