Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walking past our new site this morning, can’t wait to see it built. I’m hoping by the time it’s completed there will be or the start of a shift in decision makers at high level.

We need this because this isn’t working new stadium or not. It’s alright having a boss ground, it’s not all right having the same people here making decisions that have us continuing to stagnate on the pitch. Something or somethings are clearly wrong here. The infrastructure is more like a job for pals/subservient types rather than who’s the best possible.

You only have to look into it and it’s all there for people to see and hear. You want a team making substantial progress going into this stadium, not a team to stink the place out.

23169A22-6014-4A01-A11C-E5CAD64C6339.jpeg

Why don’t you like Buta? Not taking the mick, haven’t seen him play myself.

Just dont think he sounds the quality we need as a 1st choice RB.

Sort of player for me who you could take a punt on as back up like Nkounkou but wouldn't feel confident in a 24 year old from a farmers league who's never played higher than the Portuguese under 20's coming in and getting thrown into the deep end in the toughest league around its a risk to say the least...

Sort of player for me who you could take a punt on as back up like Nkounkou but wouldn't feel confident in a 24 year old from a farmers league who's never played higher than the Portuguese under 20's coming in and getting thrown into the deep end in the toughest league around its a risk to say the least...

Ah we’re back to the old “Premier League proven” method that’s served us so well over the years, let’s go and get Kyle Walker-Peters for £35m instead then.

Fair point mate. Hopefully we will soon see how good or bad he is!
He's an improvement on Kenny and he's cheap, so in that regard I suppose it's improving the squad. But what we need is an improvement on Coleman and there's a huge question mark over that. Massive. He's coming from a league that is overall a lower standard than the championship, and he hasn't exactly excelled at that level.

He's nowhere near the Portuguese squad and their first choice right back has been cruelly exposed in the Premier league at times last season for Wolves. If he comes it'll be a massive jump in standard for him. It's probably premature to write him off but you can understand why many of us are underwhelmed at the link.

Thing with that type of thinking is that these are the players we end up offering £40/50 million in a few years, we have this " must have premier league experience mentality" while Brighton, Leicester, and other clubs take a chance

Ah we’re back to the old “Premier League proven” method that’s served us so well over the years, let’s go and get Kyle Walker-Peters for £35m instead then.

Nothing about being PL proven is it?

Dumfries is a senior Dutch international

Buta hasn't been capped for Portugal even as a reserve RB

Massive risk if he joins and ends up starting games in the PL. Celtic may be sniffing around him but the standard in the SPL to the PL is night and day - Baningme looks like Yaya Toure playing for Hearts.

I think @Neiler knocked up something about our FFP/Profit and sustainability level this summer.

Would be interesting to see what it could look like next summer.

My guess is that there are still some twists and turns this window and hope we can bring in Aarons (linked before) and McNeil.

Those two may not excite people and come for chunky fees but i think we will sell and invest. Probably just 3 players away then.
Its the hope that kills you, we all thought we were going to follow the Atlético, Dortmund model of buying young talent and selling high but Brands seems to be redundant - instead every Moshiri appointed manager is allowed to break that model and buy 3 of their own picks. Yes on Aarons/Emerson or Baku for rb but not on McNeil where you going to play him. Need natural rw not another lw. Howd Antony play throughout Olympics - seen Malcom back in mix and got minutes.

Thing with that type of thinking is that these are the players we end up offering £40/50 million in a few years, we have this " must have premier league experience mentality" while Brighton, Leicester, and other clubs take a chance

If he was about 20/21 I would agree but he's 25 this year he's not a kid with potential mate.

Nothing about being PL proven is it?

Dumfries is a senior Dutch international

Buta hasn't been capped for Portugal even as a reserve RB

Massive risk if he joins and ends up starting games in the PL. Celtic may be sniffing around him but the standard in the SPL to the PL is night and day - Baningme looks like Yaya Toure playing for Hearts.

At this stage I would take a cheap punt rather than settle for Coleman at right back who we know is going to get rinsed all season. It’s literally all we can do, we can’t afford a top right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.