Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me, are we better or worse for selling DCL? I've enjoyed having a striker who can score 15+ goals again and whilst it's only been 1 season, I was looking forward to seeing him do it again next season.

Also, we hating Holgate this season then? Just want to be sure so I can add him to the Delph, Iwobi, Bernard etc. list...

We have decisions to make this summer on our centre backs to be fair.

Holgate's form last year was a major concern and I've never thought he was really good enough. Even the season before I thought he was being overhyped because he still had mistakes in his game. We should probably look to move him on.

Mina is into the last two years of his contract so we need to either renew the contract or look for a buyer. I'm more than happy to keep him but if he doesn't want to renew the contract then selling seems to be the logical decision.

But we really can't add another centre half before we let someone go because we already have numbers there. Any of them would obviously be available at the right price.

Can someone tell me, are we better or worse for selling DCL? I've enjoyed having a striker who can score 15+ goals again and whilst it's only been 1 season, I was looking forward to seeing him do it again next season.

Also, we hating Holgate this season then? Just want to be sure so I can add him to the Delph, Iwobi, Bernard etc. list...

We'd be in a terrible position if we sold DCL. Can't understand anyone wanting that to happen. But it's football, if a bid comes in £80m+ I'd at least understand the club has a decision to make.

Holgate... he's an interesting one. He's at his best when he has something to prove. The problem is when he starts to believe his own hype you can literally see his cockiness and his form falls off a cliff. For me I think it's best to move him on. Indeed, a sale to Brighton if White comes the other way would make a lot of sense for all involved.

We'd be in a terrible position if we sold DCL. Can't understand anyone wanting that to happen. But it's football, if a bid comes in £80m+ I'd at least understand the club has a decision to make.

Holgate... he's an interesting one. He's at his best when he has something to prove. The problem is when he starts to believe his own hype you can literally see his cockiness and his form falls off a cliff. For me I think it's best to move him on. Indeed, a sale to Brighton if White comes the other way would make a lot of sense for all involved.
That all makes sense.

Think it's going to be an interesting summer - enjoy the ride

I think Southgate prefers Mings as he has more of the 'big grock' quality when Maguire is missing. White isn't a tall centre-half, he and Stones would be too similar. Godfrey as the pure athlete and White as the 'brains' in a partnership is, to me, the natural long term England partnership after Maguire in the next three or four years.

I think White has a very high ceiling in terms of potential. You can easily see him being worth £70m in four years time, and I think it's a risk free signing in terms of the quality he'd offer immediately. He's not one of those signings that's a gamble IMO. I'd be all for binning off two of Mina/Keane/Holgate and bringing White in.

Do I think it'll happen? Unfortunately, no. I think this is newspaper nonsense.
Zat

The first ingredient you need to play a high line is a manager who likes to play it. I've not seen Rafael employ that tactic too often TBF.

I certainly would expect him to be more finished than he is at this age.

Treble his fee is at least 60m. Go check how many CBs cost that. Let's at least be reasonable.

His time at LB showed me he's not a LB. It told me nothing about his ability to play CB. I think using his defending at LB as proof he's going to be able to defend centrally is a bad idea.

I sort of agree, we need more signings like Godfrey, but I think better value exists.
Ben White is being touted at 50m

Status
Not open for further replies.