Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rat cost us £20m in transfer fees to get more money in his own pocket (don't even tell me his agent advised bull) after the years of coaching and mentoring especially after he broke both of his legs while with England as a kid.

Sorry but he is a good footballer but a utter funt of a human.

He completely shafted us. Rumours circulating while he was still here seemed to imply he had a bit of a chip on his shoulder about the club. As if he was owed something more from the club and the fans. Not very surprising given the bubbles that footballers live in these days.

Quite sad how it turned out with him. He seemed like he was going to be a world beater before that double leg break. I don't think he's ever fully recovered.

But yeah, definitely wouldn't welcome him back in any form. Would set an awful precedent on what's tolerated.

I suspect this is the reality and perhaps with good reason.

I maintain that he'd improve our central midfield though. I'd go as far as to say he is 10 times better than Andre Gomes.
Can’t see it happening at all given the furore and Moshiri’s comments at the time.

He’d deffo improve the squad though.

I suspect this is the reality and perhaps with good reason.

I maintain that he'd improve our central midfield though. I'd go as far as to say he is 10 times better than Andre Gomes.

...if you’re talking Barkley, he’s another with an injury record that is a concern. I honestly wouldn’t go near a player following hamstring surgery.

I’ve never been a fan of his. I get the comparison with Gomes but he’s often poor in selecting the right option & has no responsibility when the opposition have the ball.

Gomes might not be good enough, but that doesn’t mean Barkley is. I would hope we are better than that next season.

71EE17EA-6220-4C43-8E4E-C74C34F81105.jpeg

...if you’re talking Barkley, he’s another with an injury record that is a concern. I honestly wouldn’t go near a player following hamstring surgery.

I’ve never been a fan of his. I get the comparison with Gomes but he’s often poor in selecting the right option & has no responsibility when the opposition have the ball.

Gomes might not be good enough, but that doesn’t mean Barkley is. I would hope we are better than that next season.

I just don't think Ross has ever really kicked on. He is the same player we saw at 18. Lots of natural ability but inconsistent decision making. If you look at the best players, they become more clinical with age.

This in a nutshell tbh, Aston Villa don't feel he has done enough for them and they are mid table so why do people think he is good enough for us. No doubting he has some ability but half his problem is that he does'nt know what to do with it the majority of the time.

I feel like every RB we are linked with there are a sizable amount of people here saying "SWERRRRVE". Are there ANY RBs that are realistic and quality? Emerson is crap, Lamptey is crap, Odriozola or however you spell his name is crap, Aarons is crap, etc

I feel like every RB we are linked with there are a sizable amount of people here saying "SWERRRRVE". Are there ANY RBs that are realistic and quality? Emerson is crap, Lamptey is crap, Odriozola or however you spell his name is crap, Aarons is crap, etc
Big Denzy Dumplings

....I dare say some suggested Digne was ‘crap’ & ‘a cast off’. Folk are voicing their opinion, but they mightn’t be right.

We're deffo the exception to the rule lol but typically the clubs that invest the most money are the ones who win things / qualify for europe.

We certainly need to recruit better like thats been my main frustration since Moyes left the club.

Good article here that highlights the correlation - or lack of - between spending the most and (relative) success.

The few times our name is mentioned should be cautionary tales in themselves!!

None are crap though they just offer different things and most people saying they are crap i doubt have ever even watched them, it's just the usual suspects being total neds tbh. Emerson is very attack minded and not so hot on the defensive side of things, Lamptey is still struggling from a long term injury (I'm based on the south coast and by all accounts Brighton have some serious concerns about his future from what has been said locally) Odriozola was good a few years ago then went to Madrid and seemingly got lost in the system (as many players do) Aarons seems to be priced very expensive for a player who's output is nothing special tbh but he is young and would hopefully improve, but at that price there would be no margin for error. I still think the best option is Dumfries, he can defend and attack, he might not be the flashiest of players but he gets the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.