Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Friday 23rd, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arteta after game press stuff​

Arteta on disallowed goal​

"There are certain things we cannot control. To disallow a goal 15 seconds before - I saw it ten times but I cannot see it. I don't get it."

Arteta on the fans​

"I am desperate to have them back because we really need them. We have a really young team who has to experience the emotion, security and trust when you feel your people really behind you."

Arteta on the VAR decisions​

"At the end I have to defend my club and our interests. Today I said that is enough."

Arteta on whether the players knew about the protests​

"We got inside the stadium [early]. Obviously they know what is happening, they are all connected to social media. We let them know the reasons why they [the fans] were outside."

Arteta on Leno​

"We have two really good goalkeepers and Mat got a chance because he deserved it. Bernd is our no.1 goalkeeper, he's been doing well and errors are part of football."

Arteta on qualifying for Europe via PL​

"It's becoming very difficult mathematically to achieve that now."

Arteta on the protests​

"We knew that was happening, we knew our fans wanted to express their feelings and we made preparations with that in mind. It's not an excuse."

Arteta on VAR decisions​

"This has been building up. Enough is enough. Today I had enough. We've had many of them that noone explains them. It affects a lot of people, our job and most important our football club."

Status
Not open for further replies.