Match Thread West Bromwich Albion vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam: eeh Carlo - coom 'n ave a big moog o'pinot in my den after the gemme.
Carlo: sadly I have a prior engagement at zees time.....

SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH WEST BROM P/C

Injury update​

We have training in the afternoon and I cannot give the precise information about this. We are going to check the players in training. Mina, Delph and Gbamin are out for sure. The others we have to check today

Godfrey praise​

Who is not impressed with Ben Godfrey. He’s doing really well, we’re really pleased to have him. For sure, with his performances it’s normal that the manager of England has looked at him.

One game at a time​

West Bromwich seems, in the last three games, have a lot of consistency. We are focused there, We also have to be strong & motivated, The Chelsea game will come. We have not complained about the schedule. It's true there is a lot of games. It's a busy time... No complaints for this. Rotation will be important to avoid injury & keep all the players motivated

Rotation hint​

Rotation will be important to avoid injury and keep all the players motivated.

Southampton reaction​

We didn't do so well with these kinds of teams, above all at home. Away was good. We have to be worried, pay attention, because all the games are really difficult.

Players focused on what is to come​

The run at home was not good enough. But the players are really involved and focused on what we can achieve this season.
They understand it can be an important season for the future of the club and any one of us

Richarlison position change​

His position changed against Southampton. We played with a diamond in midfield & moved Dominic on the right. Richarlison plays centre-left so he's less involved defensively. He can use more his ability & quality forward

Carlo on Champions League hopes​

I forgot that there was that game & maybe Liverpool or Chelsea can be in the top four. It doesn't matter. We want to be there & to see how it feels.
Apart from this 3pts are important to stay in the fight... We want to be there until the last game
I think for every player, their ambition is to play at the top & the Champions League
is the top competition. For this reason I think the motivation of the players is really high. It's a step forward for their careers

Allan praise​

I think he was in good condition, motivated, wanted to play. We have to take care a little bit after two months out but his performance was really good, as usual. His consistency is really high and always at the top - We need to check on recovery of Allan today.

Sam Allardyce relationship​

I spent some time with him when he was at Blackburn & I was at Chelsea. He's a good guy. I respect him. He's doing a job at West Brom which is not easy but the relationship is good

Top four hopes​

We are pleased to be in the fight. The expectation is motivation. The expectation is high but that’s normal for a club with fantastic history and a club who want to be back where they were in the past, this is normal. Expectation is a good word.

12 month anniversary since Chelsea​

I think it was the worst day of my time here at Everton, that game which was not a good game and after that there was a suspension because of the pandemic. It was not a good period. After one year I can say we are different.

Carlo on Allardyce/West Brom​

West Brom in this moment is playing like Allardyce once: strong defensively, good organisation. It's not a coincidence that in the last two games they didn't concede a goal. They were lucky against Brighton but the consistency is there. They improved their squad in January transfer window. They are really effective. They’ve got more consistency and it will be more difficult to find a solution in front.

Please vault me if we win, have a terrible feeling about this one, very little recovery time, WBA, have had a few days more, totally unfair. The FA are just giving Liverpool every chance to stay above us. Can you imagine the FA doing this to Man United or Liverpool ? Saying that the FA tried to do us for the derby, Man City, three days before and that backfired.

Status
Not open for further replies.