Transfer Rumour Maximillian James Aarons

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Aarons, he is a £20m player.

I would place him on par with Wan-Bissaka who went to Man United for £45m pre-covid!

View attachment 119390
He has very similar stats but he has less Premier League experience. I am not saying they are like for like but he has huge potential and he is also 2 years younger.

Aarons is a potential a 10 year signing similar to Baines and Jagelka. An outlay of £30m might seem a lot but long term it's a bargain.

Please, please don't just rely on stats to determine the value of a player.

Didn’t think Bayern’s interest would wane, but did question it. They’ve got Benjamin Pavard who’s an excellent right back and would mean Aarons is back up. €35m for a club who love a bargain and developing is a lot for a backup.

Still can’t see where United get interest from? AWB, Dalot are there and they need to strengthen elsewhere. It’s been COVID, and they’ve been hit worse than any other club.

Afe they really spending £30 on a right back?

wouldn’t shock me if other teams come in, but a really really good improvement if we get him in.

Godfrey being mates could be a huge factor in pulling him in.

Didn’t think Bayern’s interest would wane, but did question it. They’ve got Benjamin Pavard who’s an excellent right back and would mean Aarons is back up. €35m for a club who love a bargain and developing is a lot for a backup.

Still can’t see where United get interest from? AWB, Dalot are there and they need to strengthen elsewhere. It’s been COVID, and they’ve been hit worse than any other club.

Afe they really spending £30 on a right back?

wouldn’t shock me if other teams come in, but a really really good improvement if we get him in.

Godfrey being mates could be a huge factor in pulling him in.
To be honest Fab hasnt said United are biddiing or even mulling over a bid, only that they are scouting, currently, from what Fab is saying, we are sitting in pole.

Big Marcel will have lashed his bid on Delias table.

Lets see what happens.

Please, please don't just rely on stats to determine the value of a player.
Is there a compelling reason that an "attacking" fullback is producing next to nothing in attack? Because I'm inclined to believe the stats to an extent unless there is an actual reason why I shouldn't be.

Maybe hes under orders to pass it to that midget you like.
While we are on midgets I'm a bit confused why so many places list him as being 5'10 when basically all photographic evidence shows that he isn't that height.

And while I don't have any way to look at passing stats for this season as no one is arsed about the championship his passing wasn't great last year in the PL which it probably would be if he was just trying to link with Buendia.

This. I thought we’d learned from Koemageddon.
I think people are misunderstanding stats as being the same as saying goals and assists still and there is just so much more out there. Like buying Gylfi was based on "stats" but what people mean is he had a lot of goals and assists where actual analysis of his statistics would lead you to believe he's actually a bang average player who takes nice free kicks and corners.

This is also true of Davy Klaassen and Sandro.

Actually Sandro was probably a better example as it took real stats guys about 5 minutes to conclude his season was probably a fluke.

I think we might actually agree though in that using just goals and assists is bad, just for different reasons.

While we are on midgets I'm a bit confused why so many places list him as being 5'10 when basically all photographic evidence shows that he isn't that height.

And while I don't have any way to look at passing stats for this season as no one is arsed about the championship his passing wasn't great last year in the PL which it probably would be if he was just trying to link with Buendia.
Everywhere lists him as 1.78metres.

Which is 5 foot 8, wiki has a weird habit of getting the conversions wrong.

Is there a compelling reason that an "attacking" fullback is producing next to nothing in attack? Because I'm inclined to believe the stats to an extent unless there is an actual reason why I shouldn't be.

What if he pulls back a great ball but it's smashed over the bar? What if his pressing causes and error which an attacker benefits from? There's so much more to football that raw stats and it's sad we can't just watch someone and make our own minds up without requiring stats to back it up.

Do you think Coleman has been a good attacking full back for us? I certainly do, but I doubt his stats show anything of much value.

What if he pulls back a great ball but it's smashed over the bar? What if his pressing causes and error which an attacker benefits from? There's so much more to football that raw stats and it's sad we can't just watch someone and make our own minds up without requiring stats to back it up.
There are stats that measure these things. I swear there are.

Status
Not open for further replies.