2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s never been great with the ball at his feet, can’t dribble to save his life. Comes alive in the penalty area, he’s quite clearly a striker for me.
Disagree. You only have to look at some of his goals over the last couple of seasons that prove he can dribble. Crystal Palace at home last time out is just one that immediately springs to mind.

He's clearly been suffering from a confidence dip this season. The way we've been playing hasn't really suited him either by and large.

Much better second half showing from him. Thought he was dreadful in the first half, almost felt like a game where he'd get sent off if wound up.

Needs to do more though with the ball still. His frustration needs to be controlled too, I don't see him getting the big move he wants this summer unless his performances dramatically increase.

Disagree. You only have to look at some of his goals over the last couple of seasons that prove he can dribble. Crystal Palace at home last time out is just one that immediately springs to mind.

He's clearly been suffering from a confidence dip this season. The way we've been playing hasn't really suited him either by and large.
Going around Gary Cahill's carcass doesn't make me feel better about it. To me he's not dangerous enough or consistent enough running with the ball to play out wide at a high level. He's got to be in and around the middle of the pitch or he isn't at his best. It's why having Digne is so important to hold width in attack.

He's wasted on the left but what can we do? The manager wants to play this formation and sadly he has to be the sacrificial lamb although I say that lightly he could have had close to double figures this season.

Going around Gary Cahill's carcass doesn't make me feel better about it. To me he's not dangerous enough or consistent enough running with the ball to play out wide at a high level. He's got to be in and around the middle of the pitch or he isn't at his best. It's why having Digne is so important to hold width in attack.

Hahahahahahahaha

He's wasted on the left but what can we do? The manager wants to play this formation and sadly he has to be the sacrificial lamb although I say that lightly he could have had close to double figures this season.
It’s his best position for me, it helps him having a natural LB Digne overlapping dragging players out and creating space for him to drive into.

It’s his best position for me, it helps him having a natural LB Digne overlapping dragging players out and creating space for him to drive into.
Not for me, He needs to be in the middle. His heading ability is really good and he knows where the net is, He's too easily shut down on the left and doesn't have the ability to just skin the right back every time.

Not for me, He needs to be in the middle. His heading ability is really good and he knows where the net is, He's too easily shut down on the left and doesn't have the ability to just skin the right back every time.
He’s not a tricky winger for sure but coming in from a left ‘forward’ position suits him best.

He was at his best with Digne playing, they showed some lovely interplay. They were at the heart of our great start, need to see how Carlo manages the need to attack with our defensive solidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.