Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti, speaking to Sky Sports:
If you win here you have to have a good performance. We had a good game. The game was in the balance, we won thanks to Michael Keane, who scored a fantastic goal.

The players adapted really well. The position of James Rodriguez and Gylfi Sigurdsson in front was really good. We adapted well to the characteristics of our players.

Without Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin it is more difficult to score but I think to be focussed defensively enabled us to have a good game."

Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti, speaking to BBC Sport:

We knew this would be a difficult game to play here.
We played the game we had planned. We avoided to concede counter-attacks and tried to find the chance to be clinical when the opportunity came.

We had a different approach without Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin. We played more to attack the flanks with Iwobi and Digne and it worked well because the first goal was a fantastic combination.

Michael Keane is unbelievable with his head. His goal helped us to stay in a good position in the table.
We perform better away because at home we don't have the support of our fans at the moment, which is really important. When we played with 2,000 of our supporters against Chelsea we won."

Players back for weekend
Richarlison for sure, Calvert-Lewin I don't think so.

Ancelotti in his post match press conference
The performance was good, I'm really pleased. We played the game that we had planned.
It was a little bit different from the past, but I think we adapted really well attacking the flank with a lot of efficiency

More from Ancelotti, on Keane
He's playing with a lot of consistency, always focused. I have to say all of the back four had a fantastic performance

Why do sky cover the United game before and after the match on the Everton v Wolves channel when they had a channel allocated to them. Annoying.

I thought Davies showed he isn’t good enough and Sig needs to go. Douc was great and will be missed as he serves a ban. Godfrey is great and will only get better.

Whatever Sig has done to deserve abuse in his normal position, tonight should not be added to it. Total fish out of water and unable to perform in that role. We got away with it because his contribution was near nil. I hope Carlo does not try that again. Surely the 2 goal Turk would have been better up front (assuming he was half fit).

Holgate: Didn’t notice too much from him tonight but on the other hand don’t remember Wolves getting any purchase out of their left hand side, which says a lot about him shoring it up and keeping it simple... doesn’t give anything going forward but defensive job done

Weird game with two strikerless teams. Thought we started well and were extremely competitive throughout. Iwobi, Godfrey, Jameth all had great games.

but Michael Keane oh my. Unreal spray into the channels

Status
Not open for further replies.