Match Thread POSTPONED: Everton v Manchester City - Preview only

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they have 6 players out today but they're somehow not postponing this one too?

How come our match gets postponed but they didn't do it for this one?
Just been thinking that. They didn't fancy coming here with our tails up and didn't wanna risk dropping points but its ok to play a Chelsea side that are against the wall? Horrible cheat stain of a club. After the FFP stuff it's clear these are the type of club who have ruined football. Pep will do anything snide to gain an advantage. We would have beat them and they know it.

Just been thinking that. They didn't fancy coming here with our tails up and didn't wanna risk dropping points but its ok to play a Chelsea side that are against the wall? Horrible cheat stain of a club. After the FFP stuff it's clear these are the type of club who have ruined football. Pep will do anything snide to gain an advantage. We would have beat them and they know it.

Given the effort put out against West Ham with a few more days' rest, I wouldn't exactly agree with your last sentence.

We'd prepared to play that game.
Of course, but there's no guarantee the effort would have been there as it clearly wasn't on Friday. And given it would have been 48 hours after our previous game and with several key players out, I wouldn't have expected a result v. City.

Don't get why they couldn't have played us looking at their team here. As anyone who would have tested positive would have had to isolate for 10 days and it's not even been a week.

Don't get why they couldn't have played us looking at their team here. As anyone who would have tested positive would have had to isolate for 10 days and it's not even been a week.
There was a real danger of a serious outbreak mate.

Thats why it was postponed, once they realised it was isolated cases everything was fine.

I think that issues was that no one in that moment didn’t know if anyone else got COVID as results from Christmas Day just came out , that’s why was too risky to play . Anyway we could not take one point from WH but we would for sure take 3 points from City ....hell yes no :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.