2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get out of our Club, you archaic fraud!

Very early days yet for Carlo Ancelotti to have sorted everything out and get his team and system in place. However, I do feel that there is enough quality in the squad to have done better in our last five or so games; the manager just hasn't made the most of what's available to him. Like I've said before though, patience is the key and the guy needs time to get everything in place. I believe that a better picture of our progress (or otherwise) under Carlo Ancelotti will be evident around Dec/Jan of the 2021/22 season.

Very early days yet for Carlo Ancelotti to have sorted everything out and get his team and system in place. However, I do feel that there is enough quality in the squad to have done better in our last five or so games; the manager just hasn't made the most of what's available to him. Like I've said before though, patience is the key and the guy needs time to get everything in place. I believe that a better picture of our progress (or otherwise) under Carlo Ancelotti will be evident around Dec/Jan of the 2021/22 season.

Am I the only one who is having some doubts about how the manager is handling the players and the team line ups? let alone the tactics, also the subbing..

Does he have some thing against giving young players a chance? but sticks with the likes of picking Siggy, Davies, Gomes, Bernard.

Am I the only one who is having some doubts about how the manager is handling the players and the team line ups? let alone the tactics, also the subbing..

Does he have some thing against giving young players a chance? but sticks with the likes of picking Siggy, Davies, Gomes, Bernard.
Needs time, but to be honest to have been getting a bit worried about the above, plus every team we play seems so much fitter and more dynamic,
looks like we are set up to get the best out of James rather team as a whole to me as well.
Leeds yesterday are everything we are not, and on paper we should be up a level on them

Carlo has never been a great one for playing young players if you look back over his teams, but then i guess with most of his previous clubs they have had squads full of internationals.

Feel like he doesn’t want to upset some of the senior pro’s at times. Easier to leave Nkonkou, Kenny and Gordon out of the squad than seasoned internationals.

Tells me you’re putting 2&2 together and making 5 honestly, he’s mentioned in his last two pressers that Kenny had fitness issues

It’s all hindsight now but he could have really kept Iwobi on right and brought Delph in a LB since he has played there before

Or you just play our actual back-up left-back there?

I still carry value in how bad our squad is. We are asking a manager who has the very best to play players in his team that we clearly struggle to sell to other clubs.

Still won't judge ancelotti until he has his team. Not his 5 players and deadwood from 3 managers ago.

Best manager we have had in 35 years give or take. If he had an open chequebook one window, Carlo would have us challenging the very top teams.

Truth is that there are still too many losers in the squad and until that is rectified Carlo is on a hiding to nothing. This season is a perfect example of what he is up against. The first 4 games we were raring to go, attitudes and mentality looked changed but the defence was a concern but could be fixed. Then we play a derby, only get a draw and the heads instantly drop and we go on another all too familiar embarrassing run with mostly the same team playing. I would imagine Carlo is just as miffed as we are are. It couldn't be any more frustrating. It is enough to put you off football altogether.

Any talk of replacing Carlo at this point is ridiculous tbh. There aren't any better managers than him and if he cannot do it then nobody can. Any other Manager is a step backwards imo. We just got to be patient no matter how hard it is and let him get all of the losers out of the club and replace them with winners and that is going to take time unfortunately.

We’ll all have soggy mattresses by then

And if he was injured as rumoured?

I haven't seen those rumours. I've seen one poster saying it - you.

If there are rumours/reports, then we'll see over the coming days.

Ancelotti specifically mentioned – in his presser on Friday – the option of playing Iwobi at left wing-back.

Unless it's proven/confirmed Nkounkou (who was at the ground and showed no visible signs of injury, though obviously he could be carrying a strain or something that wouldn't show) was injured, then it's a daft decision.

I haven't seen those rumours. I've seen one poster saying it - you.

If there are rumours/reports, then we'll see over the coming days.

Ancelotti specifically mentioned – in his presser on Friday – the option of playing Iwobi at left wing-back.

Unless it's proven/confirmed Nkounkou (who was at the ground and showed no visible signs of injury, though obviously he could be carrying a strain or something that wouldn't show) was injured, then it's a daft decision.
I can't find anything in relation to an injury with regards to Nkounkou on any of the injury websites like physio room.

Status
Not open for further replies.