2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is absolutely no reason not to play Nkounkou.

If Delph or Iwobi or whoever manage to have a good game there what benefit does it give us other than a short term gain? Neither are the answer there (not even have a going at them, I mean it's obvious, Iwobi did OK at Right wing back last week, asking him to do the same on his weaker side is daft, Delph is nowhere near energetic enough to be a modern wing back or full back in 2020.).

Every minute Nkounkou gets on the pitch right now benefits both him and us as at very worst he should be our back up left back for the next few years, at best he plays well and gives the manager a headache when Digne returns. I mean whats the worst that happens if he has a mare? The crowd get on his back? There is no crowd.

I hope he was injured today or something because if not It will annoy me the more I think about it.
This brings up a point, if Carlo doesn't think Nkounkou is good enough to deputize Digne then we basically decided to go through the season with ZERO cover for BOTH fullback positions. That's just clueless.

Who would we get in instead? Also would we give him more than one year?! lol lol
The new manager would get three weeks of bad results before usual crowd turn on him. While we're linked with him and on the day he's appointed, he's footballing genius and the club's saviour. Week one after defeat/draw "he's not living up to the hype and needs to buck his ideas up". Week two after second bad result, "he's an idiot who is taking us backwards." Week three after third bad result "gEt ThE f OuT oF mY cLuB yA iDiOt!"

name a premier league team that would cope without BOTH of their starting lb and rb

Loads would. They would have decent back ups or play players who can play the role.

The issue isn't the lack of full backs as such anyway, the bigger problem is changing the formation to adapt to not having those full backs.

Carlo shouldn’t be beyond reproach...
He started the season with confidence. Gordon and Nkounkou getting good game time in the league cup and both excelling. Then when required for the EPL they get completely sidelined.
No one is saying he won’t sort us with time but definitely lost points with me last few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.