2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think that's a bit OTT personally.

The kid clearly has quality, he's just had an off year in terms of his development and not all of it his fault.

get an off year but if somebody wants something badly you see the effort, I personally didn't see it. I want him to be successful with us do not get me wrong but he hasn't shown it for me. the two games he has played for PSG hasn't shown much either.

I want him to prove me wrong but sadly I dont think he will

get an off year but if somebody wants something badly you see the effort, I personally didn't see it. I want him to be successful with us do not get me wrong but he hasn't shown it for me. the two games he has played for PSG hasn't shown much either.

I want him to prove me wrong but sadly I dont think he will
He barely got on the pitch though, for one reason or another. The times he did end up on the pitch he scored twice, already equaling his tally from last season.

I just don't see 'lack of effort' being the issue with Kean personally. It's clear he takes care of himself and trains hard judging from his social media posts alone. It's been for a lack of opportunities more than anything, speaking more realistically here. Since he's come in he's not really had a chance to settle and stake a proper claim for the starting XI.. and now he's moved to yet another league and has to hit the reset button once again.

We shouldn't have signed Mirallas ???? Sharkey???

Fair point - forgot I threw him in there! LOL. He was a great signing at £6m.

Main point was, ya cannot loan out players who are a) terrible and b) not looking to resurrect their careers/hungry to get back in the EFC team. Their limited value will only decrease. Mirallas being a point b. Spurs were interested for £10m and we all thought he is worth more than that. We could have sold Bolasie for £15m 2 years ago etc.

He barely got on the pitch though, for one reason or another. The times he did end up on the pitch he scored twice, already equaling his tally from last season.

I just don't see 'lack of effort' being the issue with Kean personally. It's clear he takes care of himself and trains hard judging from his social media posts alone. It's been for a lack of opportunities more than anything, speaking more realistically here. Since he's come in he's not really had a chance to settle and stake a proper claim for the starting XI.. and now he's moved to yet another league and has to hit the reset button once again.

when I say lack of effort, look at how he is on the pitch. look at how DCL and Rich are. he doesn't put as much effort in as those guys. I dont think his game is suited to the speed of the prep. again I hope I am wrong. I just dont see it like I did with Lookman.

I would also add we are now desperately short in that area and if Carlo thought he had summit then surely he would still be here?

when I say lack of effort, look at how he is on the pitch. look at how DCL and Rich are. he doesn't put as much effort in as those guys. I dont think his game is suited to the speed of the prep. again I hope I am wrong. I just dont see it like I did with Lookman.
I mean there's been a couple of occasions already where he's started games for us and shown the hard work and dynamism that we signed him for in the place, and that was Newcastle and Bournemouth last season. Both games he also scored in.

As a 'profile' he's actually different to both DCL and Richarlison - he's the type of striker that latches on to balls along the deck and uses his athleticism to carry the ball into the box before shaping to shoot.. certainly that's how he looked at Verona and Juventus at times. Not too dissimilar to Lukaku.. but as we all know Lukaku was just a different beast at his age.

I do reckon with more playing opportunities and someone with the quality of James playing off him we could've seen a marked improvement to his game over time, but alas. DCL's form obviously factored heavily into the situation he finds himself in this season.

Englands No 1
Not the best but not what I would call horrendous
MOTM last Saturday
Nah he's horrendous and the only keeper in the league I wouldn't trade him for directly is Kepa who has been replaced. He's worse than the other 18.

And he wasn't MOTM if you take out all the Van Dijk bants stuff. Plus I can't unsee Henderson rolling one straight down the middle of the goal and in during injury time, even if it didn't count.

Nah he's horrendous and the only keeper in the league I wouldn't trade him for directly is Kepa who has been replaced. He's worse than the other 18.

And he wasn't MOTM if you take out all the Van Dijk bants stuff. Plus I can't unsee Henderson rolling one straight down the middle of the goal and in during injury time, even if it didn't count.
There are a fair few worse keepers in the league than Pickford ,even though I think he is not good enough for where we want to be

That’s just a mental thing to say.

I think the lad has potential and clearly applies himself physically through training, but in both an Everton shirt, and whilst early days in a PSG shirt, he just needs to be doing a lot more on the pitch.

That said though, it wasn't SO long ago a similar issue was raised with DCL. Especially when he was playing wide early days.

Status
Not open for further replies.