2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
You and me both, mate. 36 years old, I remember the car horns reverberating at the back of my ma's house near the M62 when Rideout did his thing and my dad was asleep in the couch, knocked out by my ma's homebrew lager. He saw Hickson/Latchford/Ball/Kendall etc though so he can't winge, even though he still tries.
I am 71!!! I am spoilt with my memories! Hopefully I will have some more?

I wonder how a few users rep look after DCLs start to the season. Ive usually been fairly positive-ish about him and his development, but a post i made out of frustration after he missed an open goal a year ago earned me negative rep today. Cant imagine being one of the vocal haters atm.:drunk:
Blimey, you have to be a proper sad case to be going back a year or more to give people neg reps. What is rep even for?

Wrong. The past is a guode and the present is ephemeral.

He needs to continually impress. That's what a professional does: in football he puts it in - and to a to a high quality - EVERY game.
Good point this @davek but also people around him need to be up for it as well. Watched a documentary on Sky about Ruud van Nistlroy about how Sir Alex Ferguson had his players motivated year in year out. I’m impressed by how DCL is willing to learn and improve, but he has the right people behind him. Work hard and the rewards will follow I’m sure.

Good point this @davek but also people around him need to be up for it as well. Watched a documentary on Sky about Ruud van Nistlroy about how Sir Alex Ferguson had his players motivated year in year out. I’m impressed by how DCL is willing to learn and improve, but he has the right people behind him. Work hard and the rewards will follow I’m sure.
Yeah, absolutley.

The third goal last night and he's sideways on and on the turn looking to be fed by James. A year ago he'd be back to goal and swamped by a couple of defenders once he got the ball.

I mean, that is basic improvement that we could all have told him he needed to make at that earlier time. But maybe being with a manager like Ancelotti who's bigging him up and offering him Inzaghi as a role model has been the difference to him listening and taking it in.

The earlier criticism was well earned though.

The bottom 3 sides in the early table have scored 5 goals. Between them.

Thats a minimum of 42 professional players, well, 39 after keepers, over 3 games. Assuming max subs, and same teams.

Yeah, absolutley.

The third goal last night and he's sideways on and on the turn looking to be fed by James. A year ago he'd be back to goal and swamped by a couple of defenders once he got the ball.

I mean, that is basic improvement that we could all have told him he needed to make at that earlier time. But maybe being with a manager like Ancelotti who's bigging him up and offering him Inzaghi as a role model has been the difference to him listening and taking it in.

Its clear as a bell isnt it?

Actual coaching of a player, and getting service to him.

Yeah, absolutley.

You can only improve when you're ready, though. And I'm sure he knew it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.