New beginning, new captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my mind a captain should always be an outfield player, preferably not a wide player. Someone who commands respect of his teammates and the opposition. Can play the tough guy but is never out of control. Should be one of the first names on the team sheet even if not the best player. Wracking my brains to think of the last guy who had all those qualities for us. Coleman ticked many boxes as did Baines and Jags but all too quiet. Neville was actually good as a leader but could rarely lead by example in the playing department. Cahill was class but rarely captain. Dunc was great but not exactly in control a lot of the time. I'll go for Gary Speed as the last player who embodied all the Captain characteristics you'd want. Any others?

Richarlison. Best player, fan's favourite, biggest nark. Literally all you need. Team needs several leaders with one chief who commands the respect of fans, opponents and team mates
Defo not captain material, its not about being the top player, he can have a bad attitude at times, best leave him just to concentrate on scoring

Keane was clear 3rd choice under Ancelotti until Mina and Holgate were injured.

Check the stats :p

Its either going to be:

Holgate
Digne
Richarlison
James
Allan was a leader at Napoli and is highly regarded and respected by Ancelotti but language could be a barrier as from what I can tell he only speaks Italian and Portuguese. Holgate is a good shout but same issue as Allan. Gomes could be one also but I don't see him being played enough consistently to make it count.

Allan was a leader at Napoli and is highly regarded and respected by Ancelotti but language could be a barrier as from what I can tell he only speaks Italian and Portuguese. Holgate is a good shout but same issue as Allan. Gomes could be one also but I don't see him being played enough consistently to make it count.

How would Holgate have a lamguage barrier?

Status
Not open for further replies.