Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the last time we were up the league? Anything out of the top 6 and relegation zone is basically the same. We’re just crap, everyone knows it.

We will sign players though.
Which is fine. And everyone’s allowed to be happy/content with whatever they want. I just find it boring (and weird) that every year people kick off about bedwetters and say just relax everything will be ok. And then we get worse. I don’t care about us making any old signings, I want people who’ll make us better. If I don’t think we’re getting them I’ll have a little moan on here about it. It’s not the most important thing in my life like, I don’t cry myself to sleep that we’re not signing Mbappe, but I don’t see the point in telling everyone it’s fine that we’re just going to spend £50m on crap and you have to like it.

Which is fine. And everyone’s allowed to be happy/content with whatever they want. I just find it boring (and weird) that every year people kick off about bedwetters and say just relax everything will be ok. And then we get worse. I don’t care about us making any old signings, I want people who’ll make us better. If I don’t think we’re getting them I’ll have a little moan on here about it. It’s not the most important thing in my life like, I don’t cry myself to sleep that we’re not signing Mbappe, but I don’t see the point in telling everyone it’s fine that we’re just going to spend £50m on crap and you have to like it.
Which is fine, my vitriol isn’t aimed at posters such as yourself who are largely constructive with their views and open for debate, essentially good posters. I’m pretty sure most of my recent posting history has been largely negative pops at the club if I’m honestZ

It’s reserved for the ones who endlessly post more and more spuriously negative hyperbole where the club can’t do anything right and do seemingly cry themselves to sleep because we’re not signing Mbappe. Maybe they’re just WUM’s and I’m missing something or I should just make more liberal use of the ignore button.

Phil Kirkbride was doing his Q&A with the fans earlier and reckons, we are out of Gabriel and have put getting a centre back this window on the back burner, maybe the emergence of Branthwaite.

Apparently we’re focussing all our resources on central and right midfield as a priority, if we shift a few we will look at full backs.

This makes total sense to me.

Gabriel always seemed like a nice to have. From the sounds of it, Napoli had been tracking him for some time as well, so I think that maybe Ancelotti and Brands have discussed him when he arrived and being someone they both had knowledge of, it seemed like a sensible place to start. Not a priority but worth a shot.

If he ends up at Arsenal, so be it. We need to focus on our midfield, both in terms of energy/mobility and creativity. We have neither.

When was the last time we were up the league? Anything out of the top 6 and relegation zone is basically the same. We’re just crap, everyone knows it but people constantly whining on about how much they hate the club and how wrong everyone who doesn’t whine about it are is just tedious.

We will sign players though.
So you want our fans to be positive about being "just crap", that's very strange.

Unfortunately Zat we finished 12th in the Prem, have tons of players on big wages to move on, have a habit of stalling youngsters (half an half our fault usually) and those three players are all three of the most highly rated midfield prospects in Europe right now.

Didn't Guimaraes only move to Lyon this season too? Tonali will stick in Italy I'm pretty sure. Gladbach in the CL for next season too.
None of them are realistic prospects for us though, perhaps Tonali at a push if there’s a mutual liking there between him and Ancelotti but most likely he’ll go to Inter / Juve. Zakaria is good enough now for an elite club, he’s got everything.

Guimaraes went to Lyon end of Jan for £18mil. He would have been a good player for us and at 22 comes in with very high potential.

I think we missed a trick not getting him and Gabriel in back then so we have a spine of Gabriel/Guimaraes/Richarlison which may be the Brazil spine in a season or two. With the virus situation in France and their president panicking about it we could have offered them £25-28mil which would be a nice quick profit for them.

Tonali is off to Inter i think from all the chatter. Fee of around £32-35mil i think which is a bargain. Youre effectively giving Ancelotti a 20 year old Gattuso. Hes tailor made for the premier league and would have been an immediate fan favourite, someone who fans would pay to watch.

Zakaria at 23 would come in as the dominant force. Arsenal brought in Wenger and he plucked out Vieira from Milans reserves but in this case Zakaria wouldnt be cheap as Gladback just got champions league. Would he prefer to come to the premier league though, under Ancelotti? Maybe.

Either way, for me lets say were spending £25mil on Doucoure and another £25mil on Allan. £50mil to give us a solid base for 3-4 seasons seems to be good business to me and allows us to focus on the rest of the squad. We will have Onyango and others potentially pushing into the squad over the next 2 seasons and perhaps bring in a couple of youngsters to develop/rotate with them.

For me though, I would have gone with one of Guimaraes, Tonali or Gabriel and brought in Gabriel.

It makes more sense to me for us to be building with that level of quality who make a huge impact on their own, have resale value and take the level of the team up.

Guimaraes went to Lyon end of Jan for £18mil. He would have been a good player for us and at 22 comes in with very high potential.

I think we missed a trick not getting him and Gabriel in back then so we have a spine of Gabriel/Guimaraes/Richarlison which may be the Brazil spine in a season or two. With the virus situation in France and their president panicking about it we could have offered them £25-28mil which would be a nice quick profit for them.

Tonali is off to Inter i think from all the chatter. Fee of around £32-35mil i think which is a bargain. Youre effectively giving Ancelotti a 20 year old Gattuso. Hes tailor made for the premier league and would have been an immediate fan favourite, someone who fans would pay to watch.

Zakaria at 23 would come in as the dominant force. Arsenal brought in Wenger and he plucked out Vieira from Milans reserves but in this case Zakaria wouldnt be cheap as Gladback just got champions league. Would he prefer to come to the premier league though, under Ancelotti? Maybe.

Either way, for me lets say were spending £25mil on Doucoure and another £25mil on Allan. £50mil to give us a solid base for 3-4 seasons seems to be good business to me and allows us to focus on the rest of the squad. We will have Onyango and others potentially pushing into the squad over the next 2 seasons and perhaps bring in a couple of youngsters to develop/rotate with them.

For me though, I would have gone with one of Guimaraes, Tonali or Gabriel and brought in Gabriel.

It makes more sense to me for us to be building with that level of quality who make a huge impact on their own, have resale value and take the level of the team up.

I think we defo missed a trick not signing a 12-year-old Mbappe.

I think we defo missed a trick not signing a 12-year-old Mbappe.

To be fair theyre all very highly rated and well known. Its clear we were in for Gabriel and could have got him in Feb/March. Guimaraes went to Lyon end Jan for £18mil.

Its not like Mbappe, these players were available.

Lets say we had signed both of them. Guimaraes would have had those post lockdown games as our main (only!) defensive midfielder and we would all be banging on about him. We may have also got a fair few more points on the board with him in the side?

Then we'd all be talking about how we had the future spine of Brazils international team in Richarlison (23) Guimaraes (22) and Gabriel (22).

Instead, if we do sign Allan and Doucoure then i see the logic behind it. We would be going for 3 years of stability in the middle to buy time to improve the rest of the squad.

Its 'ok' but in comparison extremely negative.

To be fair theyre all very highly rated and well known. Its clear we were in for Gabriel and could have got him in Feb/March. Guimaraes went to Lyon end Jan for £18mil.

Its not like Mbappe, these players were available.

Lets say we had signed both of them. Guimaraes would have had those post lockdown games as our main (only!) defensive midfielder and we would all be banging on about him. We may have also got a fair few more points on the board with him in the side?

Then we'd all be talking about how we had the future spine of Brazils international team in Richarlison (23) Guimaraes (22) and Gabriel (22).

Instead, if we do sign Allan and Doucoure then i see the logic behind it. We would be going for 3 years of stability in the middle to buy time to improve the rest of the squad.

Its 'ok' but in comparison extremely negative.

I dont think Tonali has ever been achievable.

There will be lots of players sold that we should have bought, but sadly we really arent a club people want to join at the moment sadly.

We have nothing to offer young up and coming players and it wont change till we can get at least get Europe or get our name in the mix.

Not a big fan of Donkeree, but he does have some degree of talent, just hope hes got some fight in him.
Allan is very highly rated, so hopefully he can fit into the league ASAP.

Carlo aint here to play, hes here to compete from next month, whether we can get the right players to do that time will tell.

But as for your 3 boys we can just pick 1 of them up when they flop at their new clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.