Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem I see with this strategy tho, is that the Dutch league is a far far inferior league to the prem.

In the prem there is no margin for young untested cheaper players to make a mistake, so they wouldn't get the game time and wouldn't develop in the same way.

The type of players that you're talking about usually need a season or 2 in the likes of the dutch league before they are ready to step up to the prem, signing them directly for Everton wouldn't work IMO. They would be put into the u23s at first ala Branthwaite, Nkounkou
Buy them and loan them out. Chelsea monitize young players by doing this all of the time.

Buy them and loan them out. Chelsea monitize young players by doing this all of the time.

Yep thats definitely another way to do it, and one I'd agree with.

But the idea that we can find these cheap gems easily and get them straight into our first team is far-fetched

@Lanolin
This was the post i replyed to , no mention of U23's.

Btw we get linked with Adolfo , Reinier etc same applies cant get permits..

Definition of hidden gems are the ones I highlighted & we have done well over the years.
Yes, and he has since explained to you that he wasn't talking about signing players for the under 23s. I said I wasn't talking about under 23s either, and yet you've given a load of examples of...under 23s. I'm not saying we're not trying or it's dead easy or whatever. I'm just saying it often feels like we're shopping in a pretty obvious market and it's not really got us anywhere. Look at the sides around us in the table last year and compare the profile of most of their squads to ours. They are generally comprised of cheaper and less well known players, and yet they are competing (and in some cases outperforming) us. I've said before, 90% of the Liverpool squad that's just won the league would have been attainable for us at some point and instead we've overpaid elsewhere. We need to try to identify players who are capable of performing at a very high level for us but haven't yet hit the big time. It's the only way we can build a side to compete in my opinion. They are out there, but we've not been very good at getting them in for whatever reason.

Arias would need to be on really cheap fee to justify it. In my eyes, he couldn't be viewed as a long-term successor to Coleman.

He is an average player, a safe signing but nothing that would mark any real progression at RB or for the team and squad as a whole.

We'd need to sell Kenny as well, it would be clear he has no future here if Arias signs.

The question in all of this would be- is he better than Sidibe?

It seems to me that we may just buy 1 right sided player, who can cover both right back and right hand side of midfield. It doesn't look like we want to spend a fortune, which I have to say seems a sensible ploy.

As with all of these players who are mid to high 20's, what is key critical is we don't spend fortunes on them. If loans are available, or reduced fee options, then it can hopefully provide something of a sticking plaster for us as we move foward.

Status
Not open for further replies.