Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how that got personal instantly ,thanks very much For that ,imagine typing that out ,and thinking this will get him

Just internet bantz mate init, not really personal, I don’t even know you lol

If you’re gonna disagree with someone’s post though rather than throw the ‘bed wetter’ cliched crap. At least reply with something more constructive and interesting to why you disagree with the opinion.

I wouldn’t put past Everton‘S echo journalists( if it’s them that write the headline) to put a negative headline to get clicks off the reds, who will be all over stories like that
Or it is a trick from the blues hierarcy to drum up interest in our players and create a good bargaining position.
Because if Allan is really our nr 1 target how would we even recoup 30mill by selling our dead wood lol. Sure we will try for players who have fallen out of favour from top sides like Rodriquez or Lemar, but slim chance we get anyone of those. So i still think we will have to spend regardless

It absolutely amazes me how people on here have seen Everton’s gradual demise over the years yet still seem to think that it will magically be arrested overnight and think “yeah we’re nailed on for top 6 this season anything else is a failure”, it really does

Sigurdsson is going to get 20 assists next season and DCL is going to score 30!!!

If you’re gonna disagree with someone’s post though rather than throw the ‘bed wetter’ cliched crap. At least reply with something more constructive and interesting to why you disagree with the opinion.

I’d suggest not going for peoples families in response in future....your post was of the bed wetting variety I’ve seen loads off on here

Sigurdsson is going to get 20 assists next season and DCL is going to score 30!!!
Literally. They see the squad, see the history and all the terrible records we keep breaking and say the accept that most of the squad needs replacing but still inexplicably get a sad on when someone dares to say that it’s pretty unlikely we’re going to get top 6

When you say move on you therefore suggest we’ve moved onto our next target... nothing to suggest that.

please see big red and Jamal Lewis

Not every single target is reported though - IF that suggestion in the Athletic is to be believed, then that's how Brands wants it.

There's been plenty of talk over Allan. If he's the one we want then we may well see progress on that in the coming days. But regardless, he won't be in until the start of September as his season has just finished.

There is accepting all of that and I am not even panicking. But there is also a simple fact that we need a midfielder who can put their foot in, protect the back four and get around the pitch it's been glaringly obvious for months. Our current midfielders are too similiar and it's been obvious we need that at the very least, I don't expect us to get everyone in for the start of the season other other positions can wait, but we need that key midfielder minimum its essential, otherwise expect another sluggish start. I would rather get a player in who can do this job than wait and wait on so called glamour signings from big clubs that in the last few years has not worked out for us. You need some time to bed players in.

Well we don't start for a month mate. Yes we do need time to 'bed players in' - but this pre-season will be like no other. I believe the plan is for 2-3 friendlies at FF, or maybe one against another team in the local area.

The players we currently have - who are half the issue, like - aren't back in until next week, with the first few days just testing etc.

If we don't provide Ancelotti with a platform to the project he was promised I can see him walking. He'll go and complete his rebuild elsewhere, where the promises made by the club are kept. Knowing our luck Newcastle will get a takeover and he'll end up there.

When has there ever been any evidence of a manager walking because they weren't backed (in recent years) in the market?

It doesn't really happen.

And in this case, Ancelotti's on a long contract (until 2023 or 2024 IIRC) and about £9m a year.

I’d suggest not going for peoples families in response in future....your post was of the bed wetting variety I’ve seen loads off on here

Bed wetter, ye mar/sister all quite common rejoinders, but do tend to veer things off topic...

Status
Not open for further replies.