Carlo Ancelotti: 'Deadwood, mismanagement & a total rebuild' - is this his biggest challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s no surprise of our standards when we had Bill for so long.
The personality to make it in the luvvy duvvy entertainment world doesn’t work in football.
He's been wasted in football. He could have rivalled Mandelson as a grand manipulator if he'd ever gone into politics.

I was gutted when he managed to blag Moshiri into keeping him on in a Rasputin role.

Dayom. That was a pretty brutal, but I have to say fair, assessment. We've been totally mismanaged for decades now. It's a wonder we're still any sort of a force in Premier League football, and that is only down to our fanbase.

I'm not picking on the lad (well, maybe I am a bit) but we effectively supported the Tony Hibbert early retirement fund for 16 years without ever having the ambition to try improving on a player of very modest ability.

Now that our dear neighbours are at the top of the tree, perhaps we look across the park as we did 40 years ago and use their transformation to inspire our own desperately needed changes.

Pretty honest column there on the task we all know Carlo faces and out of all the managers we've had since we last won any silver, Carlo is the one I'd pick for this task
Just have to hope there's going to be money backed behind him to do it otherwise it's an impossible task

Well done Kevin, finally got to read on the press what’s been said on here many times.
Takes a winner like him or Big Nev to say it as they see it.
I hope it gets read in the Liver building, and hopefully doesn’t mean he ends up sitting by Big Nev on match days...
(ie not welcome)

Dayom. That was a pretty brutal, but I have to say fair, assessment. We've been totally mismanaged for decades now. It's a wonder we're still any sort of a force in Premier League football, and that is only down to our fanbase.

I'm not picking on the lad (well, maybe I am a bit) but we effectively supported the Tony Hibbert early retirement fund for 16 years without ever having the ambition to try improving on a player of very modest ability.

Now that our dear neighbours are at the top of the tree, perhaps we look across the park as we did 40 years ago and use their transformation to inspire our own desperately needed changes.

Whether we like it or not, they've got a realistic model for transformation, albeit with more money and a better starting point.
What gets me each time though is that new managers instantly improve teams, in many cases, Lampard has just done it, so did Arteta, and that's why it makes you think sometimes Everton is kind of unmanageable or impossible. Silva was bad, but THAT bad? Forget Allardyce and Koeman but how is it that there's no sustained improvement in decent managers coming in?

Yikes some pessimism, maybe a grounding what is needed. That run in was proper relegation form, no mistaking. Midfield center and wide is huge problem in defending in creating and chipping in with goals...

Status
Not open for further replies.